1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Show moderator user group title only if moderating current forum

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by farang, Feb 25, 2015.

1. farang

farang Well-Known Member

My XF Site will have many moderators moderating a single forum. Moderators will normally participate in threads belonging to the forum they moderate as well as on other forums.

I think it's a good idea that everyone can see when the person interacting in the thread also has moderator capabilities in the current forum. Therefore I've put a user title "Moderator" on the moderating user group. It works well but when a member that moderates another forum (without moderator capabilities in the current forum) joins the conversation, he or she will also be displayed as a moderator which is misleading.

I may have missed something crucial here (maybe user group title is not the way to go) but what is the best practice to allow moderators to be seen as a moderator only on forums which they are allowed to moderate?

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

You may be able to do it with conditionals (see @Brogan's Conditional Statements resource) or an add-on.

Although I don't personally find it misleading at all.
    farang likes this.
  3. farang

farang Well-Known Member

Thanks. I've checked @Brogan's Conditional Statements resource but I didn't find anything relevant.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It would require custom development or an add-on.

There is no way of checking in the thread view/message user info whether the poster is a moderator of the forum or not.
    Amaury likes this.
  5. farang

farang Well-Known Member