XF 1.1 Show ban reason to users

dehness

Is there any way to show the ban reason to members in 1.1? I have tried numerous permissions configurations but I always seem to get an 'ERROR 403 - Forbidden!' when I test it with a banned account...

This sounds more like an issue with the server configuration blocking the actual output from the page. (Though I'd note that 1.1 isn't really a version we could provide detailed support for any longer.)

Thanks @Mike I have since updated the forum to 1.4.10.

The error still occurs for basically anything a user doesn't have permission to see, rather than getting a forum message, they get a 403 forbidden message.

We run nginx. Is there some way to change this?

Hi @Mike,

Looking through our configuration files, I seem to have identified the one with the problem.

However, switching the fastcgi_intercept_errors value to 'off' has failed to remedy the issue.

I have attached the file (hopefully editing out any sensitive information such as IPs/URLs). Is there another value that you can see that I need to change to remedy this problem?

Warm regards.

Are you sure you've reloaded your configuration? You can remove all the error_page related code which would be the other part of the cause.

Top Bottom