XF 1.5 Show all child threads in parent category?

Apodictive

I am new to the admin/owner side of XF, so if this seems like it's a basic question then you'll understand. ;)

I am currently building my forum and want to have all threads created in the child forums to be shown in the parent category below the actual forum nodes. Basically an aggregate of all child forums showing in their parent category. I don't want people posting in the actual parent but just a list of all the topics from the child categories for members to access as if they are actually in the forum itself.

I am not sure how to do this but I have seen several XF forums setup like this.

Any helpful information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

It would require a third party add-on or custom development.
Thanks Brogan, I appreciate your assistance.

Do you know of any 3rd party add-ons that do this or something similar? I have seen several XF forums set up like this so I figured that there must be something out there if XF didn't have a way to do this.

I saw this one: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/all-topics-master-forums-global-topics.795/

But saw it was several years old and not updated in 4 years. I didn't think it would work for 1.5.8 (mine) and it's only listed up to 1.3. I am still too new to XF on the admin side of things to know if this one would work without issues.

Again, thanks for your reply and assistance.

EDIT: Thanks for your help Brogan, I found another way to display what I needed and an add-on that helped. This issue is resolved.

Last edited:
Thanks Brogan, I appreciate your assistance.

Do you know of any 3rd party add-ons that do this or something similar? I have seen several XF forums set up like this so I figured that there must be something out there if XF didn't have a way to do this.

I saw this one: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/all-topics-master-forums-global-topics.795/

But saw it was several years old and not updated in 4 years. I didn't think it would work for 1.5.8 (mine) and it's only listed up to 1.3. I am still too new to XF on the admin side of things to know if this one would work without issues.

Again, thanks for your reply and assistance.

EDIT: Thanks for your help Brogan, I found another way to display what I needed and an add-on that helped. This issue is resolved.

Which addon did you go with?

Which addon did you go with?
Well, I thought I found one at the time I posted last but it ended up not working for what I thought. It would only work for forums and not categories. The forum that this was intended to be for never went live and I am working on a different one.

I am currently trying to find a solution for this and am at a hold for the moment. If/when I find a solution I will let you know what it is in case it is of any help for you.

I was hoping that their would be a way to do this in xenForo itself but I guess that ability is not currently available. Maybe in the future as it seems like it would be quite useful.

Top Bottom