Shoutbox by Siropu

Shoutbox by Siropu [Paid] 1.10.2

No permission to buy (€14.99)
Shoutbox works with widgets so you can edit the shoutbox widget and set the desired position.

What do you mean?
I am setting up my new forum and I finished installing the shoutbox and tested the very1st message, and it rewarded me with a trophy. So I checked my message total, and it states I have 1 message.
I am the only member and I have not posted anything yet on my forum.

Capture5.webpCapture6.webp

Reactions: nap
I have no idea how that can happen. Does your message count increases after the 2nd, 3rd, etc shout?

I have no idea how that can happen. Does your message count increases after the 2nd, 3rd, etc shout?
So I could not reproduce this issue with the install I have set up.
I will create a fresh local install and check the very first message again.

Found it:

CSS:
.siropuShoutboxShouts {
    height: 120px;
}

Any chance of the vertical size being selectable in the options in the future?

Shoutbox is a widget and to change position you have to edit the widget from the widgets section and select your position(s).

Thank you. What are the resource requirements or impact of installing the shoutbox or chat? Is the chat more resource intensive?

Shoutbox uses only a db query per request, where Chat uses more depending on the settings since it has a lot more features.
You can use Shoutbox as a shoutbox, or you can use it as a Chat which does AJAX requests to the server to get new shouts every x seconds.

Hi Siropu,

I've installed the addon, however nothing appearing on my forum home.

The widget is in the Forum overview: Top settings...

Not appearing still.

Thanks

Top Bottom