[ShikiSuen] CSCN Anniversary theme (Free Standalone Version)

[ShikiSuen] CSCN Anniversary theme (Free Standalone Version) 2.2.13a

No permission to download

ShikiSuen

ShikiSuen submitted a new resource:

[ShikiSuen] CSCN Anniversary theme (Standalone Version) - CSCN Anniversary theme (Standalone Version, no framework needed.)

I have my nostalgia with CS-CN (counter-strike china forum) which was popular around 2004, hence my reproduction of its forum theme for XenForo 2. This version doesn't require frameworks but I will release another version of this theme alongside a special framework add-on (to make things simpler when adopting with XenForo 2 further 2nd-point release upgrades.).

Warning: This theme already contains some of my mods previously released here with additional modifications. Please...

Read more about this resource...

Congratulations on your release, I think it's going to be a big hit! Many people here will appreciate the classic look with the modern XenForo features and will surely learn a lot about customizing skins for themselves with how thorough you went into the styles and templates. Well done!

Congratulations on your release, I think it's going to be a big hit! Many people here will appreciate the classic look with the modern XenForo features and will surely learn a lot about customizing skins for themselves with how thorough you went into the styles and templates. Well done!
Thanks. I feel a little bit curious that how this theme will look on your forum.

ShikiSuen updated [ShikiSuen] CSCN Anniversary theme (Free Standalone Version) with a new update entry:

Beta 15 update for XenForo 2.1.10 PL2

1. Synced template changes brought by XenForo 2.1.10;
2. Introducing my solution to an officially-unsolved issue that horizontal scrollbar may appear in the preview pane of message editor (at least the message editor for quickly replying a thread). See:

Read the rest of this update entry...

I found a bug with this theme. Will push a small update in the next 2 days if convenient.
"Node category title decoration text should not wrap the node category description."

Beta 15 requires at least Safari 14.0 to make sure no bugs happen, though it is only a color rendering bug among share buttons at the bottom of thread pages.

ShikiSuen updated [ShikiSuen] CSCN Anniversary theme (Free Standalone Version) with a new update entry:

[Beta 16] Update for 2.2.0 Beta 2

Since I have no time completely rebuild this skin from scratch for XenForo 2.2.0, I simply did a direct-update from Beta 15.

This update only works for XenForo 2.2.0 Beta 2 and later, assuming that there is no template conflicts with later XenForo 2.2.x releases.

• Updated for XenForo 2.2.0 Beta 2;
  • Fixed unwanted box-shadow duplications when the form submission bar is not floated;
  • Removed those hard-coded borders of the new Froala v3 editor, using customized borders instead...

Tips on how to upgrade this style (Beta 16) from XF 2.2.0 Beta 2 to XF 2.2.0 Beta 3:

1. Since I actually modded nothing to the "editor.less", you can simply recover "editor.less" to the XenForo factorial content. // I forgot why this template was marked as "edited" when I was upgrading this theme from XF 2.1.x to XF 2.2.0 Beta 2.

2. For PAGE_CONTAINER, you search this line:
<xf:if is="count($xf.reactionsActive) > 1">
and replace it with:
<xf:if is="$loadReactionsTooltip">

You are good to go.
(I am not release an update for this theme until XenForo 2.2.0 Final version releases, unless severe circumstances.)

Beta 17 update for XenForo 2.2.1 Stable Release

1. Updated the bottom area of both Notification Menu and the Message Menu. You can now Mark your Notifications as "Read".
2. Fixed an issue preventing emotion-reaction popups from showing (when you hover your mouse onto the link at the bottom of a postbit).
3. Fully updated for XenForo 2.2.1 Stable Release.

I do apologize for failing to find my time completely rebuilding this style from scratch (with my promised new features like one-hue control, etc.).

Hello ShikiSuen, I have made your style available for my members.
Thanks for showing me a live demo of my style for a big forum. This helped me tracking possible potential issues with my style.
(Some issues are hardly revealable on my side.)

I found an issue with Beta 18. See this screenshot for example:
(The columns of user profile data are too close.)
1608310655309.webp

Here's the manual fix.
(I'm gonna include it in Beta 19 which will be pushed for the incoming XenForo 2.2.3 update.)

You find the template "cscn_theme_customize_postbit.less" and go to the line 288:
1608310776529.webp
Add gap: 0px 12px; right after the end of the line 288 to make this block like the following:
1608310942302.webp

Save this template. Done.

Please let me know when you have applied this manual fix. I'll check how this fix actually work on your forum.
It is supposed to be like this after applying this fix:
1608311024125.webp

# EOF.

Top Bottom