1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shifting from VB 3.6 X to Xenforo

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Killerrules2003, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Killerrules2003

Killerrules2003 New Member

Hello,

I want to shift from VB 3.6 To Xenforo, I want to know whether whether my URL structure of existing VBulletin will change or not.

I have nearing .2 Million article on our forums I hope nothing will go with the same. I am running my forums on sub domain that forums.example.com.

Regards,

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  2. Dakis

Dakis Well-Known Member

The URL structure is different in xenforo, but there are url redirect scripts that you can use, therefore it should be fine. I moved from vb3.7 with no problems at all.

I don't understand the second question.

3. Killerrules2003

I have nearing .2 Million article on our forums I hope nothing will go with the same. I am running my forums on sub domain that forums.example.com.

4. Dakis

Dakis Well-Known Member

Articles you mean topics? Or are you using some article add-on ?

5. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

Articles with VB 3.6?
    Are you using some modification to have them?

6. Killerrules2003

No I am talking about topics which are there on my forums. I cannot keep the same url structure what I have on my existing forums

7. Dakis

Dakis Well-Known Member

All your members/forums/topics/posts will be converted to xenforo, there is an importer that you can use.

8. Killerrules2003

9. Dakis

Dakis Well-Known Member

Can you see the structure here in xenforo.com ? Is that structure ok for you?

10. Killerrules2003

Nope, I don't need this URL structure I want the same, which I am currently using for my site, if that is possible I can move my site to Xenforo today itself.

11. Dakis

Dakis Well-Known Member

Check my response above. Your URLs will change. All of them. But there are redirect scripts that will help you not to lose any visits from the old urls.

12. Khaleal

Khaleal Active Member

You can't keep the old URLs structure unless you heavily customize xenForo code (Or have someone write an add-on for you).

13. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

The structure will change no matter what forum software you migrate over to.

However, it is very easy to add re-write rules that will help you forward many of your old links from your old structure to the new structure that XenForo uses.