1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Sharing search results

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by tommydamic68, Jan 9, 2014.

1. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Well-Known Member

Is it possible to share search results? In other words a members asks about purple flowers. You do a a search on "purple flowers" getting a page of results. Can you then copy the url of the page results - place it in a thread and members can then click on the link to see my search results I had found from my particular word search?

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Other users will not be able to see your search results for permission reasons. It should generally redo the search automatically though.

tommydamic68 likes this.
  3. tommydamic68

Ok thanks.

4. xf_phantom

xf_phantom Well-Known Member

tommydamic68 likes this.
  5. tommydamic68

I will look- would be cool for helping members who are not technical with forum software. Yes, believe it or not there are many...

On another note- I think the search should search "titles" first, by default- no check box required, then, keywords in threads- posts etc. I searched a word this morning "ringworm" found some threads - posts with the key word "ringworm" but no thread titles in the search (at least in the first two search pages-,most people would lose search interest by then and move on.) some of those threads- posts just mentioned the word "ringworm" but really had no information needed about the search subject like the thread specific I searched about that searched subject. Just my two cents.