Sharing options

Glockie

Hello,
I am wondering if this is possible but am unsure.
With media sharing, are there permissions as to who can share media, such as media owner only?

As of right now, our sharing block isn't showing, and I can't remember if I hid it (most likely) because certain photos are private and I would like the owners only of said photos, to be the ones capable of getting the sharing links etc.

Is this possible?
Many thanks.

If a media item is shared it should only be visible to the user's who have permission to view it.

The exception to this is thumbnails. They are actually visible to all.

Best way to share is the GALLERY BB code.

If a media item is shared it should only be visible to the user's who have permission to view it.

The exception to this is thumbnails. They are actually visible to all.

Best way to share is the GALLERY BB code.

Okay thank you. What I was thinking see, was if I re-enabled (showed) the sharing links, is it the owners only who can see it, and thus be able to share like in PC's etc..
If the permissions are set so followers can see the media, they will be able to get the sharing URL's - not something I can allow really.

I would note that there aren't any permissions over the sharing block, so presumably it was hidden through a template edit.

Indeed Mike. I can't recall 100% but I am very sure I hid it using a simple template edit.
For specific reasons of course.

If the permissions are set so followers can see the media, they will be able to get the sharing URL's - not something I can allow really.
Yes they can.

But if they can see the image there's nothing to stop them from sharing the links anyway. As I said, though, the full image and media page itself won't be available unlees you have access to view the media anyway.

You could look at using a conditional to show the share block to only the media owner or album owner rather than removing the block completely. That would likely achieve the effect you're after.

Yes they can.

But if they can see the image there's nothing to stop them from sharing the links anyway. As I said, though, the full image and media page itself won't be available unlees you have access to view the media anyway.

You could look at using a conditional to show the share block to only the media owner or album owner rather than removing the block completely. That would likely achieve the effect you're after.

Ahhh okay! Sounds good to me Chris, thank you mate. Thorough as always, and it is appreciated.
I will look into this, I know Brogan has written a very good article on conditionals so that would help I am sure.

Thank you mate, much appreciated.

Top Bottom