Shadow Banning

Is there a way to shadow ban members, whereby they post, and all appears normal, but no one can read their posts. Similar to having everyone ignore, but there's no 'show ignore content', and we can apply it to specific members (by adding them to a group).

I have a few problem members who constantly come back (over a period of several years and many hundreds of aliases), and create more drama than worth. I'd like to make it so their experience is pointless - and doesn't impact the member base at all.

Is this possible via normal xenforo permissions? I feel like it'd be a much more effective way of getting rid of these problem posters as opposed to banning or even 'discouragement' which again can be subverted. If they're just being completely ignored, then they lose interest without realising anything is going on.

We have one of those (thank God, it's only one). My suggestion of swatting him was vetoed.:cool:

More seriously, I'll be interested to see responses. It's an approach to moderation I haven't come across before.

Seems like you could use a database query or an addon that forces an "ignore" of a user across all members. Better yet, just do like 90% of the users (randomly) so they still get some visibility and less suspicious something is going on...

Top Bottom