• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Setup SEO Full Friendly URLs on nginx

Well couldn't get it to work. So I went back to apache2.
It might be slow but it is a heck of a lot easier to get to do something for you :)

FYI, somebody in this thread or another thread recommended using the "internal" directive to protect the /xf/data directory.

You don't want to do that if you have Jaxel's [8wayRun.com] XenUtiles installed, as it saves the sitemaps it generates in that directory, and nobody (including google/bing) would be able to find them.

The "data" directory is directly referenced in image tags for avatars and attachment thumbnails. The internal_data directory, on the other hand, is only accessed by PHP.

I have updated the 1st post with the config we are currently using. Thanks dotted and everyone else for your contributions.

sorry but which config file have I to edit exactly? :unsure:

your domain config file ... it's under your /sites-available/ directory

It depends which distro you are using and if you compiled or yum/apt your nginx ... if you give me your distro , and how you installed nginx I can point you to the file directly

Top Bottom