XF 2.0 Settings default avatar (image)

Robru

I have disabled 'Enable dynamic default avatars' and want to use a default (image) avatar for a new user.

In which folder I must place the avatar picture.
And where are the settings to ensure that a new member gets this avatar.

Thank you :)

Fethi.dz

Hi,

Go to style properties > Avatar
In there you can choose whether you need a text Avatar “?” Or an Image and you can set the default avatar image URL

Robru

I have changed Default avatar type and Default avatar image URL in Style Properties. A new member now gets a default avatar.

Now there are existing members who already got this standard avatar.
But in AdminCP, I get to see this now:

Screenshot-2017-11-2 Edit user Marga Het énige échte Caviaforum - Admin control panel.png

How can I make sure that these members all get the default set avatar.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Since this is a style-specific setting, you won't see it in the ACP. Any user who doesn't have an avatar will get the avatar in the front end (provided they're viewing a style where the value has been changed).

JacquiiDesigns

Formerly MsJacquiiC
I'm curious to know ... in XF2 - can there be default avatars set as in XF1 for male, female and unknown gender users?
If yes - how would you go about adding them?
Thanks,

J.

JacquiiDesigns

Formerly MsJacquiiC
As the gender fields are now gone in XF2, you would need a addon to get the gender avatars back.
The gender field is missing in XF2?! Huh?! Why??? Interesting...
I wonder if anyone is even interested in creating an add-on for that. It seems weird to have removed the option from XF2. Wow.
And I've been meaning to install XF2 - just haven't gotten around to it quite yet. But wow. May do so sooner rather than later.
Anyway - thanks for the info @ozzy47 = I appreciate ya ;)

J.

ozzy47

The gender field is missing in XF2?! Huh?! Why??? Interesting...
I wonder if anyone is even interested in creating an add-on for that. It seems weird to have removed the option from XF2. Wow.
And I've been meaning to install XF2 - just haven't gotten around to it quite yet. But wow. May do so sooner rather than later.
Anyway - thanks for the info @ozzy47 = I appreciate ya ;)

J.
Hold on, I just checked and the gender fields are indeed present. It's just the gender avatars are gone. Sorry for the confusion.

The default/gender based avatars are gone.

JacquiiDesigns

Formerly MsJacquiiC
Okay! Thanks so much for the clarification fellas.
I've designed a set of custom avatars that do use a rather subtle gender indicator. A client wants to add them on his XF2 install as he had on the XF1 install. So it's nice to know that he can easily add them as a default type of setting. Without having XF2 installed, though, I'm rather afraid that I'm not at all sure how to advise him on installing the images. And I don't necessarily have access to his AdminCP at the moment, as I'm only his graphic designer. Now the question is ... Will he have to add a specific code in order to have the gendered avatars show in his XF2 install?

I appreciate the info!

J.