XF 2.0 Settings default avatar (image)

Robru

I have disabled 'Enable dynamic default avatars' and want to use a default (image) avatar for a new user.

In which folder I must place the avatar picture.
And where are the settings to ensure that a new member gets this avatar.

Thank you :)

I have changed Default avatar type and Default avatar image URL in Style Properties. A new member now gets a default avatar.

Now there are existing members who already got this standard avatar.
But in AdminCP, I get to see this now:

Screenshot-2017-11-2 Edit user Marga Het énige échte Caviaforum - Admin control panel.webp

How can I make sure that these members all get the default set avatar.

Since this is a style-specific setting, you won't see it in the ACP. Any user who doesn't have an avatar will get the avatar in the front end (provided they're viewing a style where the value has been changed).

As the gender fields are now gone in XF2, you would need a addon to get the gender avatars back.
The gender field is missing in XF2?! Huh?! Why??? Interesting...
I wonder if anyone is even interested in creating an add-on for that. It seems weird to have removed the option from XF2. Wow.
And I've been meaning to install XF2 - just haven't gotten around to it quite yet. But wow. May do so sooner rather than later.
Anyway - thanks for the info @ozzy47 = I appreciate ya ;)

J.

The gender field is missing in XF2?! Huh?! Why??? Interesting...
I wonder if anyone is even interested in creating an add-on for that. It seems weird to have removed the option from XF2. Wow.
And I've been meaning to install XF2 - just haven't gotten around to it quite yet. But wow. May do so sooner rather than later.
Anyway - thanks for the info @ozzy47 = I appreciate ya ;)

J.

Hold on, I just checked and the gender fields are indeed present. It's just the gender avatars are gone. Sorry for the confusion.

The default/gender based avatars are gone.

Okay! Thanks so much for the clarification fellas.
I've designed a set of custom avatars that do use a rather subtle gender indicator. A client wants to add them on his XF2 install as he had on the XF1 install. So it's nice to know that he can easily add them as a default type of setting. Without having XF2 installed, though, I'm rather afraid that I'm not at all sure how to advise him on installing the images. And I don't necessarily have access to his AdminCP at the moment, as I'm only his graphic designer. Now the question is ... Will he have to add a specific code in order to have the gendered avatars show in his XF2 install?

I appreciate the info!

J.

Hi! Can I have some help with this default avatar?

We (@Thriller Bark and myself) have uploaded and inserted the link on the right place, but new members aren't showing with the default image we set, they keep showing up with the previous letter avatar. Only guests and robots show up with the image.

Hi! Can I have some help with this default avatar?

We (@Thriller Bark and myself) have uploaded and inserted the link on the right place, but new members aren't showing with the default image we set, they keep showing up with the previous letter avatar. Only guests and robots show up with the image.

Hi, I have the same issue. Did you find the solution?

Top Bottom