XF 1.3 Setting Up Cache

Divvens

I followed the instructions here: http://xenforo.com/help/cache/

This is currently in my config.php file
PHP:
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true; $config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core'; $config['cache']['frontendOptions']['cache_id_prefix'] = 'xf_'; $config['cache']['backend'] = 'File';

I've read that you also need to assign a file directory of some sort for the Cache to properly work? I'm on "Semi-Dedicated" hosting (it is still shared in a sense, not a vps/dedicated server.) and I wish to utilize the default caching method nothing else.

Do I need to add anything else/do anything else in order to get the Cache working properly?

You can locate it anywhere the http server can get to I'm sure... but by default I'm pretty sure it's that one in the internal_data/temp location.
There is a internal_data/temp, but there are no recent files saved there. How would I know if the cache is working and if files are being populated? :o Would it have any set names or file types, sorry for the noobish questions its the first time I'm working with any kind of cache system.

I used to use this when I was on a shared server:
Code:
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['cacheSessions'] = true;
$config['cache']['backend'] = 'File';
$config['cache']['backendOptions'] ['cache_dir'] = '/path/to/cache';
$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
$config['cache']['frontendOptions'] ['cache_id_prefix'] = 'xf_';
I have followed this direction given by @Brogan.

Because without the cache_dir defined, the cache files weren't being generated and some users were getting "an unexpected error has occured, please try again later." error. Note, it wasn't "database" error, just normal error, once defined a path to cache, files related to cache have been generated inside that directory and those getting that error aren't getting it anymore.

@Tracy Perry it seems that sometimes the path is required, since the /temp directory or server /tmp directory wasn't generating Cache files.

Top Bottom