1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

set usergroup as moderator

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by dieketzer, Aug 4, 2010.

1. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

one feature of phpbb that i have always loved is the ability to set a usergroup as a forum moderator. this is a great time saver for myself, and something i have always wished for in vb.
    any chance such a thing can/will be done in xenforo?

RobinHood, NolF, CurveGotti and 4 others like this.
  2. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

Yes, I always thought it was somewhat unintuitive that the "Moderators" usergroup did not confer moderation abilities on its members.

3. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Agree. The way it was implemented in vB was odd. :) Instead of defaulting to no moderating abilities, it should default to the ability to moderate in all forums. You should then be able to deny them moderating abilities on a forum-by-forum basis. :)

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Though not exposed, it's definitely doable to do groups as moderators. We only expose it on a per user basis.

And no, putting a user into a moderator group doesn't automatically give them moderator permissions, unless you give them to that group, though even that it's slightly different than actually being a moderator. We use a separate interface to define the access that they (and admins) have.

pjfry and dieketzer like this.
  5. dieketzer

in an easy way like phpbb? one could assign any usergroup to moderate any individual forum? in phpbb, rather than entering a username as a moderator you simply enter a usergroup, and bobs your uncle.

ChrisR likes this.
  6. ked38

ked38 Member

+1 as I agree on it. :)

7. dieketzer

so how would one go about this then?
    as is, it appears to function like the vb system.