Chris Deeming as Moderator?

Well I think.... (yes i have an opinion on this) the conflict of interest debate is like clutching at straws. I'm almost embarrassed by it that it's even brought up, almost not quite.

Still, Chris Deeming >> Sombrero and poncho with 6 shooter = Staff Member. Again WIN!!

I can see why there might be a perceived conflict of interest... But its not like im going to be touting it as an official XenForo endorsed hosting solution.

hatersgonnahate.png

Well I think.... (yes i have an opinion on this) the conflict of interest debate is like clutching at straws. I'm almost embarrassed by it that it's even brought up, almost not quite.

Well as I mentioned it first, I want to respond to this. There was no "straw clutching" and I am not sure what straws I would be clutching at anyway, since I like the guy.

Chris is a developer who sells his add-ons here. A moderator is someone with a lot of responsibility and someone explicitly shown as staff (not to mention also someone with access to the licence status of customers). If no-one thinks that it is worth asking whether it's a conflict of interest too far for an active developer to also have staff/moderator status here, that's fine with me, so is him being a moderator. But I don't see any harm in asking the question :confused:

Reactions: Kim
We've been alone with you inside our mind
And in our dreams we've used your mods a thousand times
We sometimes see you pass outside our forum
Hello, is it you we're looking for?

We can see it in your eyes
We can see it in your smile
You're all we've ever wanted, (and) our arms are open wide
'Cause you know just what to say
And you know just what to do
And we want to tell you so much, we need you

We've been alone with you inside our mind
And in our dreams we've used your mods a thousand times
We sometimes see you pass outside our forum
Hello, is it you we're looking for?

We can see it in your eyes
We can see it in your smile
You're all we've ever wanted, (and) our arms are open wide
'Cause you know just what to say
And you know just what to do
And we want to tell you so much, we need you
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I could respect the idea of Chris Deeming being promoted to XenForo Staff, should he be willing.

However, my only concern would be that Chris would be differed away (in part) from his current involvements in developing. Becoming a staff member in any community can "take up" some time away from other activities.

Perhaps my concerns are a little selfish. But I'm always worried about a good thing going wrong.

With this said.... Again, I would respect the idea of Chris Deeming being staff here (if he so desired) and think he could fulfill the role nicely.

Never.

His time will be sucked up the sheer nonsense that happens on this site and he will never be able to code shiny stuff for us regardless of how much money we offer :<.

My greediness aside he would make an excellent moderator :D!

Chris would make a great moderator, but I don't want him to be for purely selfish reasons. He doesn't spend enough time releasing awesome addons as it is.. if he was moderating here he'd spend less time on them :D

Top Bottom