1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Set permission for "watched threads"?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by fredrikse, Mar 4, 2012.

1. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

Hi,

Is it possible to set permissions for "watched threads"? I think that would be really nice to be able to do.

2. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Permissions? Can you elaborate? Do you mean you want to be able to say which usergroups can and cant use the watched threads feature?

Watching a thread you a participating in is fundamental functionality that is common to all forum softwares, would you really want to limit who can use the feature?

3. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

Correct.

I want to create a premium membership with certain functions reserved to only those members. That's why. For example, the function could be turned on but limited to only two entries. If you want to be able to watch more threads, you would have to upgrade to get that any many other functions that together adds a real value to the experience.

4. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Interesting.... however I'm not so sure that limiting what most consider a vital forum basic function is going to make you very popular. I don't think it will do aqnything for activity levels either, however, who am I to judge. Maybe your community is different.

No offence this is just my personal opinion but I think you would be disabling this feature shortly after paying to have it developed.

5. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

The question was wether this is possible to set or not. Not why you would want to do it. This discussion is already off-topic.

Rob likes this.
  6. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

I agree... my fault entirely. The question of why just baffled the hell outta me

7. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is no permission for that. It requires an addon.

8. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

Would it be complicated to code for a coder?

9. ragtek

ragtek Guest