XF 1.5 Set page node as home page

Mr Lucky

I want to set a page node as home page.

index page route in Options seems to apply only to the Forums tab. I want to keep forums under that tab, but open a page node under the Home tab.

If I add the page node in the Home Page URL options,

• The Home tab is not shown as current when you click on it.
  • The page URL portion is shown, I would like it to just show the root (as it is the home page)
I know I can do this using the widget framework widget page, but i want to do it with just a normal page node and not use an addon.

Can anyone please help? Thanks

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Setting the index page route changes what is loaded when you hit the index/root page of the site. It doesn't apply changes to tabs or the like. For example, if you were to point it to resources/, it would load the RM with the resources tab selected.

Page nodes only exist within the forums tab in XF1, short of an add-on changing that. (In XF2, this is configurable per node.)

Mr Lucky

Page nodes only exist within the forums tab in XF1, short of an add-on changing that. (In XF2, this is configurable per node.)
I am interested really in doing this in xenforo 2 , but cannot get it to work. @Chris D mentioned it is the same as xenforo 1, hence my question here as I thought it would be more releveant if it's the same in both versions.

I am confused now.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
I am interested really in doing this in xenforo 2 , but cannot get it to work. @Chris D mentioned it is the same as xenforo 1, hence my question here as I thought it would be more releveant if it's the same in both versions.

I am confused now.
I was referring to the ability to set a page node as the index route.

Mr Lucky

Yes, I'm aware of various addons, but this is something I'm working on for xenforo2 so need to do it without addon.

I was referring to the ability to set a page node as the index route.
I still don't understand. If I do that it is just under the Forums tab. I want to have this under the home tab (as with Widget Framework widget page)