Servint VPS Suggestions

Thank you! I think i will go for Centmin for now, because the VPS of Servint is based on CentOS and for now i like much their incredible support, but in future when my network grow i think of the possibility of swith on Debian.

In your opinion, CPanel and Plesk are server intensive? I have googled this, but found nothing very helpful about that.

There are other cons on using a control panel?
Good luck :)

And yes, any control panel you use will use a fair amount of resources. 2 GB ram minimal (suggest more though).

Thank you! I think i will go for Centmin for now, because the VPS of Servint is based on CentOS and for now i like much their incredible support, but in future when my network grow i think of the possibility of swith on Debian.

In your opinion, CPanel and Plesk are server intensive? I have googled this, but found nothing very helpful about that.

There are other cons on using a control panel?

Any control panel is going to use resources. Idle, cPanel is going to use about 300mb of RAM, DirectAdmin less than that. The other control panels are going to use less than that. You will really need a minimum of 1GB of RAM on your VPS if you plan on using cPanel. It will run on 512mb, but you aren't going to be happy.

Cons to using a control panel? There really aren't any. It makes managing the day-to-day aspects of managing the server a breeze. Perhaps the cons are that you don't learn how to manage and operate a server manually (but not everybody wants to), and some people get lulled into a false sense of security, that cPanel or whatever is going to magically secure your server, apply all the appropriate updates, etc. It won't.

Top Bottom