1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serving XF Attachments Via CDN

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by TheBigK, Aug 18, 2012.

1. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

What I know is CDN integration isn't available out of the box in XF 1.1.3. I'd however like to let Amazon or Rackspace handle all the attachments for my board. I've searched the forums and found that http://xenforo.com/community/thread...atic-content-and-javascript-done.14902/page-3 .

I'm wondering whether configuring external data path is the way to go forward. Has anyone successfully integrated a CDN service with XF (Amazon, preferably)? If yes, please tell me how.

What all files do you prefer to serve with CDN, apart from JS?

2. gldtn

gldtn Well-Known Member

TheBigK likes this.
  3. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

Wondering whether that makes other attachments delivered via CDN too. That is, if I uplaod a .doc file, will it be served via CDN?

4. gldtn

gldtn Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be able to tell you, try asking Dinh or at the mod thread. I currently have that mod installed, but Im not using CDN yet.

5. sonnb

sonnb Well-Known Member

As you are able to see in the name, this addon was written for Image Optimization only. But of course, with some changes all the attachment could be severed via CDN.

melbo likes this.
  6. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

And have you worked out what these changes would be? I'd pay for this ;)

7. sonnb

sonnb Well-Known Member

Do you require user to login for downloading attachments?

8. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

Yes.

9. sonnb

sonnb Well-Known Member

I need to check first.

10. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

Do you think it could work?

11. sonnb

sonnb Well-Known Member

Nope since it requires to login :D CDN is used as cache, it does not make sence to require login via CDN.