Service pricing

rainmotorsports

Omega cheap. Cheaper than anybody in this forum. Or you installs are free.. Just pm me
how much is "omega cheap"?

Omega cheap is someone who has never met an unsatisfied customer that stole a week of their time for 20 bucks.

I have given thought to entering the market but when you look at what people offer and then are familiar with what customers demand, its difficult to compete without robbing yourself.

This post might seem a bit odd since it got yanked from another thread. I quoted the original posts...

Last edited:
Omega cheap is someone who has never met an unsatisfied customer that stole a week of their time for 20 bucks.\

I have given thought to entering the market but when you look at what people offer and then are familiar with what customers demand, its difficult to compete without robbing yourself.
Im not understanding what your saying. Im offering it super cheap because im just starting off doing installs and I think I did a pretty good job installing on my site and I would like to help people out who where like me when I first started that can offer only donation money.

I make about 13 and hour plus tips at my job. I find it rediculous for people who would charge more than that. If you make say 30$ hour at your personal job then charge sombody else 60$ thats greedy.

Im not understanding what your saying. Im offering it super cheap because im just starting off doing installs and I think I did a pretty good job installing on my site and I would like to help people out who where like me when I first started that can offer only donation money.

I make about 13 and hour plus tips at my job. I find it rediculous for people who would charge more than that. If you make say 30$ hour at your personal job then charge sombody else 60$ thats greedy.

You have yet to face the customer that wants 8 hours of your time for the 20 bucks you quoted them for a simple task. You take paypal right? You have yet to face the 26 dollar charge back for the 13 dollar service you gave out. Which in the end you will win since its not a tangible good but does not losing twice what you paid and gaining nothing seem concerning anyways?

Personally its why I haven't gotten into the business at ANY price. While those who are somewhat to entirely successful with it we call entrepreneurs.

You have yet to face the customer that wants 8 hours of your time for the 20 bucks you quoted them for a simple task. You take paypal right? You have yet to face the 26 dollar charge back for the 13 dollar service you gave out. Which in the end you will win since its not a tangible good but does not losing twice what you paid and gaining nothing seem concerning anyways?

Personally its why I haven't gotten into the business at ANY price. While those who are somewhat to entirely successful with it we call entrepreneurs.
I kind of just want to do this to improve my on skills. Almost probono but theres no such thing as a free lunch. Now im not a pro or anything like that so thats why i can charge small prices

What you can afford pm me for what you think is resonable.

i don't need help, i'm doing this for more then 10 years and began with software that had no plugin/hook system or automatic installation. i only wanted to know how much you charge for uploading some files and click install.

Im offering it super cheap because im just starting off doing installs
I kind of just want to do this to improve my on skills.

what do you do when such an automated process fails? conflicts with php, mysql, server limitations, whatever? worst case scenario you crash someones forum and have no backup, or can't restore it properly by yourself?

in other words would you recommend someone a doctor who is just beginning to learn his job?

PayPal now supports intangible goods as of November 2015, and the dispute can go either way. It can go ass up and fly back in your face. PayPal disputes I've noticed are just 50/50.

Y'all need to stop flaming this guy though, everyone to themselves. He'll realise soon enough why developers charge more for an hour of their work.

what do you do when such an automated process fails? conflicts with php, mysql, server limitations, whatever? worst case scenario you crash someones forum and have no backup, or can't restore it properly by yourself?

in other words would you recommend someone a doctor who is just beginning to learn his job?

How can he crash someone 's frum when it is a fresh install? Because from reading the original topic, before being split, that member was only offering his services for forum installations and not for other things.

Many markets have suffered from this get rich during teenage summer vacation shenanigans. The worst two are design and web hosts. What people need to remember is, what happens come September?

Top Bottom