1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Server Error when attempting to edit Conversation.

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Edrondol, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

I have a huge conversation going on on my site. It is 9 pages and has 29 participants. (We pooled our resources and gave a guy who was diagnosed with cancer one hell of a Christmas!) I've been having issues with my server because it's too big and each time someone posts the server thinks that we're spamming. :D

Anyway, I went to close the conversation as it wasn't needed any longer, and as I didn't see where to close it for further replies, I thought maybe editing the first post might do the trick. I clicked Edit -> More Options and got the following error:

Server Error
    Only variables should be passed by reference
    XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php at line 595
    XenForo_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionEditMessage() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/davidn/public_html/xenforo/index.php at line 13
    I can give more information from the Server Error Log if you need it.

Also, how does one close a conversation you did not start?
    Romchik® likes this.
  2. Romchik®

Romchik® Well-Known Member

There is same problem on other forum (not my forum).
    PHP 5.2.17.
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can't close a conversation but if all participants leave it then it will be automatically deleted.
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Fixed now.
  5. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

Well then. Thanks, Mike!