1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server error, please try again later

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Core Freedom, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Core Freedom

Core Freedom Well-Known Member

Hi all,

For some unexplainable reason I got logged out of my forum and when I try logging back in I get the message "server error, please try again later."

The page is frozen at that error page and no matter what tabs I click, I can't move away from the error page.

Does anyone have an idea of what this could be related to (my other domains, that share the same server, are up and running fine)?

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Can you still log in by going straight to Admin CP?

If so, the Server Error log should reveal more details of the error.

Jake Bunce and Core Freedom like this.
  3. Core Freedom

no, can't log in as admin either. :-(

4. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Are you able to enable debug to the config file to see if that gives any more details?

$config['debug'] = 1;

5. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

You are also getting a database error in the root folder of your domain name: http://corefreedom.com/

"An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later."

Is the MySQL server OK?

6. Core Freedom

Hi Matt, I don't know. Not sure how to check. Haven't changed anything except the board title name this morning, everything was working fine.

7. xmlxp

xmlxp Active Member

reboot your server if you are the server admin

8. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Do you have access to the server, or are you using a control panel such as cpanel?

9. lazer

lazer Well-Known Member

10. Core Freedom

Yes, Matt, I use cpanel but I decided to have Hostgator do the reboot, not sure how to do it myself, am on the phone with them now. Thank you!

11. Core Freedom

Just got off with hostgator, he said server looks perfect and suggested not to reboot it since the challenge is with the software. Urgh. I can't log in as the admin so how else do we get back in there as the admin?

12. Chris D

Maybe try disabling all code event listeners:

Add this to your config.php file. It might be wise to also enable debug mode.

$config['enableListeners'] = false;
    $config['debug'] = true;

Jake Bunce, Core Freedom and MattW like this.
  13. Core Freedom

Thank you Chris. Unfortunately this is beyond my technical skills. o_O I'll submit a support ticket to XF.

Thank you so much. :)

14. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

If you don't mind sharing FTP details, I can edit the config file for you and place it back on the server?

15. Core Freedom

I'll send you a PM. Thank you.

16. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Here are the full details of the error on the forum:

Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'user.user_id' in 'on clause'
    1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
    5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in XenForo/Model/Session.php at line 38
    6. XenForo_Model_Session->getSessionActivityRecords() in XenForo/Model/Session.php at line 60
    7. XenForo_Model_Session->getSessionActivityQuickList() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 30
    8. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index->_getSessionActivityList() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Index.php at line 13
    9. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/corefree/public_html/index.php at line 13

17. Core Freedom

Where are all these errors coming from? Or better, how does this happen?

Thank you so much, Matt!

18. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

I've logged into phpMyAdmin, and you have two columns missing from your xf_user table. You are missing user_id and username!

corefree.PNG

19. Core Freedom

they left for vacation! What in the world!? :eek: Seriously, how does that happen? I'm not technical enough to go erase tables...

So now when I go to the main site, it still shows these errors. Is this something that has to be rebuilt?

20. Chris D

Yikes, that doesn't look good.

Do you have backups?

Core Freedom likes this.