Server error, please try again later

Divinum Fiat

Hi all,

For some unexplainable reason I got logged out of my forum and when I try logging back in I get the message "server error, please try again later."

The page is frozen at that error page and no matter what tabs I click, I can't move away from the error page.

Does anyone have an idea of what this could be related to (my other domains, that share the same server, are up and running fine)?

Just got off the phone with Hostgator and according to their data they don't see unauthorized access. I forwarded the two IPs (from France and the anonymous one) to them again. This guy said that if the hacker has access through the ftp then no matter how many times I change the cpanel password, they'll get through via ftp. I asked him if they could also have exported the entire site through ftp and he said 'yes, they could have.'

He suggested to have all IPs blocked from accessing the cpanel, which would also include any ftp access. I gave him my and Matt's IP addresses so further ftp and cpanel access should be prevented. He also suggested to have all logged ftp access deleted to prevent further entry.

I'm looking for a new hosting company now. :(

What a shame. I hope you get sorted soon and can finally see the back of the recent problems; I'm sure the XF community members can give you some good hosting recommendations. (y)

Good luck and keep us posted on progress. :coffee:

Just got off the phone with Hostgator and according to their data they don't see unauthorized access. I forwarded the two IPs (from France and the anonymous one) to them again. This guy said that if the hacker has access through the ftp then no matter how many times I change the cpanel password, they'll get through via ftp. I asked him if they could also have exported the entire site through ftp and he said 'yes, they could have.'

He suggested to have all IPs blocked from accessing the cpanel, which would also include any ftp access. I gave him my and Matt's IP addresses so further ftp and cpanel access should be prevented. He also suggested to have all logged ftp access deleted to prevent further entry.

I'm looking for a new hosting company now. :(

From the error message that Matt posted it looked like this was not a hack but more of an oversight on hostgator part by forgetting to update the config.php file with the new db info that they changed. Granted, it is unprofessional but at least it should be seen like some good news. That it was not a hack again I mean.

Anyway, moving away from them seems like a good move under the circumstances.

Top Bottom