XF 1.1 Server Error During User Import

taylor_smith

Hello. I'm importing a lot of users (160,000). Once I hit 100% and begin to enter the finalization process, I receive this error:

Code:
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

In the error log, I do see this:

Code:
[SIZE=13px][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#646464]Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception:[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=13px][FONT=Trebuchet MS] Unable to Connect to tcp://www.gravatar.com:80. Error #115: Operation now in progress - [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=13px][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#646464]library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:235
[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

However, I am skeptical, because I can clearly reach the gravatar site. I'm concerned that I will need to empty the database and start over, but uncheck user gravatars.

Any insight from you techi gods?

It's not the gravatars. I did a clean install and did not select gravatars, but as soon as I hit 100% users imported, I experienced the same error:

Code:
[SIZE=6][B][FONT=Helvetica][COLOR=#000000]Server error[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=13px][FONT=Helvetica][COLOR=#000000]The website encountered an error while retrieving [B]http://community.stratics.com/admin.php?import/import[/B]. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=13px][FONT=Helvetica][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=5][B]Here are some suggestions:[/B][/SIZE]

[LIST]
[*][URL='http://community.stratics.com/admin.php?import/import'][COLOR=#551a8b]Reload[/COLOR][/URL] this webpage later.
[/LIST][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=13px][FONT=Helvetica][COLOR=#777777]HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

No clue what to do to fix it.

HTTP 500 is a generic server error. Hopefully the server logs will contain more information. If not the gravatars during the second run then what do the logs show?

An undiagnosed 500 error is a pita. Time for guessing...

This might be caused by incorrect file / folder permissions. Where user records are concerned, you should check the permissions on data and internal_data. If you have shell access then try running these commands to recursively set permissions in those directories:

Code:
chmod -R 777 data

chmod -R 777 internal_data

You might also try 755 permissions. Depending on how PHP is installed, 755 may still be writable. I have seen some server configurations throw errors with 777.

You should also contact your web host to see if they can diagnose the error.

Top Bottom