XF 1.3 SEO confusion

OverHere

I am seeking some guidance about SEO and in 1 article it says: "Once you have identified your keywords, ensure that they appear in the body of your pages, as well as in the metadata of your page, which is the unseen data that gives the spiders key information about your page. This can either be done by yourself, with a little knowledge of HTML and access to your server, or it can be done by your web designer"

So, the questions is: 1) in ACP, where & how would I make my keywords appear in the body of my pages? 2) Where in ACP is the 'metadata' area?

(I'd like to learn how to do this myself so I can do it continuously).

Thanks.

There are thousands of search engines out google using meta tags ... The more indexed content is best for the site ...

We can not forget that Bing uses meta tags and is a good search engine ...

because of such limited thinking I'm saying goodbye to XenForo ..

Both ipb and vb use meta tags .. not to mention millions of Websites ... they can not be so wrong so ...

If the tags do not fosem useful then what is the need of XenTag? Or even the ******* - Essential Metadata??

XenForo is tipping Seo several who made his conversion, although many say they do not, the number of online users shows a very different reality ...

Last edited:
Try to fool google and they will make fools of you......

As far as the "other search engines", this is largely irrelevant for much of the English speaking world although I can't speak for other places....

It's an insult to the intelligence of the google engineers for you to think that some "SEO Expert" or trick is going to fool them. I can show you some very big sites which lost 3/4 of their traffic because they tried to stuff keywords and do other such tricks.

The best SEO (for google, at least) is almost none at all. Content - real content - as well as real links in and out, are going to tell the tale.

As an example, on my small hobby site goog sent me over 43,000 visits in the last month - Bing sent 667. Yahoo sent 550.

Each one sees what he wants to see ...

If your traffic today yahoo and bing are small is because the XF has no optimization for these search engines ...

Google has many tools, making their respective searches to find what I'm talking about .. do tests and see the differences ....

I believe in results and not what many speak .. I regretted much with the XF .. the result was quite the opposite of the expected .. 2 years XF test and found out that your SEO is horrible ... have a lot to improve ..

If your traffic today yahoo and bing are small is because the XF has no optimization for these search engines ...
I don't think it's so much an issue of not being optimized for Bing or Yahoo as it's the issue of nobody using those search engines. I honestly don't know a single person that uses Yahoo or Bing.

Bing demand 30% of my hits, Yahoo demand 7% to my sites it is high, I can not ignore such numbers ..

Every system has its strong and weak point, but it seems that people here think XenForo is a perfect system ... which in reality is only an immature system that needs to mature a lot ..

If the theory were correct, the content XenForo would have much more access and maintain a load of online users more, but that does not happen ... I wonder why?? High bounce rate?? Design amateur?? Lack of content??

Compared to basic systems like phpbb, smf and like the XF can be better ... but compared to more mature and robust systems it leaves to be desired ..

Bing demand 30% of my hits, Yahoo demand 7% to my sites it is high, I can not ignore such numbers ..

Every system has its strong and weak point, but it seems that people here think XenForo is a perfect system ... which in reality is only an immature system that needs to mature a lot ..

If the theory were correct, the content XenForo would have much more access and maintain a load of online users more, but that does not happen ... I wonder why?? High bounce rate?? Design amateur?? Lack of content??

Compared to basic systems like phpbb, smf and like the XF can be better ... but compared to more mature and robust systems it leaves to be desired ..
BTW I do have keywords ranked pretty high on Bing but don't get any traffic from Bing (compared to Google), which tells me that very view search via Bing.

Since switching from vB4 to XF my traffic hasn't been higher than it is now, so for me anyways, XF isn't "broken".

Bing and Yahoo combined make up 1.5% of traffic for me, so I really don't care about them. You however are getting a good percentage of traffic from them and tailoring to them might not be a bad idea.

Top Bottom