As designed Self delete notification

Moshe1010

Not sure if was reported before or even a bug, but it doesn't seem logical to me to send self notification (that the content was deleted) when I'm deleting my own post/thread as an admin.

Last edited:
Just to confirm, are you referring to inline moderation? If you delete your own post or thread through the "usual" approach, it won't even show you the alert option.

I could disable it in inline moderation, though it's potentially more consistent to give you the alert since you chose that option.

Just to confirm, are you referring to inline moderation? If you delete your own post or thread through the "usual" approach, it won't even show you the alert option.

I could disable it in inline moderation, though it's potentially more consistent to give you the alert since you chose that option.
Yes, the inline moderation. Not sure about the consistency, where else we can alert ourself about an action we did?

A reminder in case you forget in a few minutes, or accidentally selected your own post to delete?
The reminder makes more sense particularly if you moved a thread/post, and alerted yourself. That way you can remember where you moved it to just by looking in your notifications.

Yes, the inline moderation. Not sure about the consistency, where else we can alert ourself about an action we did?
Resolving a report. In both situations, the alert "author" is anonymous as well.

As such, I'm going to call this as designed. The significance here (and with reports) is that the option specifically relates to sending an alert. If you enable that option, the intention is explicit (rather than other things that would implicitly create an alert along with the primary action).

Resolving a report. In both situations, the alert "author" is anonymous as well.

As such, I'm going to call this as designed. The significance here (and with reports) is that the option specifically relates to sending an alert. If you enable that option, the intention is explicit (rather than other things that would implicitly create an alert along with the primary action).
When you resolve a report, self notification isn't checked by default. In deleting your own post/thread it is.

Top Bottom