Self Delete by Waindigo [Deleted]

The files it asks you to overwrite will always be identical and will never ever change.
As typical by any other add-on.

But I found it odd that when I uploaded some of your add-ons together .... For the first time... It kept overwriting the same library files for each add-on.

If this is not the case and your add-ons do not share files between them... I'm puzzled as to why the outcome I experienced. I will try again on another test site (one without anything else installed).

It maybe possible someone else happen to have the same files.....

As typical by any other add-on.

But I found it odd that when I uploaded some of your add-ons together .... For the first time... It kept overwriting the same library files for each add-on.

If this is not the case and your add-ons do not share files between them... I'm puzzled as to why the outcome I experienced. I will try again on another test site (one without anything else installed).

It maybe possible someone else happen to have the same files.....
As an example, there is a library file called library/Waindigo/Install.php that is included with almost every add-on. There will then also be a file with a name like library/Waindigo/Install/20120723.php.

In another add-on, you might find exactly the same library/Waindigo/Install.php file, but a different second file, with a name like library/Waindigo/Install/20120501.php.

The first file checks for the highest numbered second file and ignores all other files. So even if you upload the latter second file after uploading the former second file, both add-ons will only ever use the higher numbered file.

Does this make more sense?

As an example, there is a library file called library/Waindigo/Install.php that is included with almost every add-on. There will then also be a file with a name like library/Waindigo/Install/20120723.php.

In another add-on, you might find exactly the same library/Waindigo/Install.php file, but a different second file, with a name like library/Waindigo/Install/20120501.php.

The first file checks for the highest numbered second file and ignores all other files. So even if you upload the latter second file after uploading the former second file, both add-ons will only ever use the higher numbered file.

Does this make more sense?
That does make sense ....

But I'm fairly sure it was something other than install.php

I'll need to keep a better record of file names in the future.

That does make sense ....

But I'm fairly sure it was something other than install.php

I'll need to keep a better record of file names in the future.
There are a whole load of files in the library/Waindigo/Listener folder that work exactly the same and a couple of others (but don't think I've released those publicly yet).

I encountered this issue when installing a couple of your mods last week and I wasn't 100% sure what to do when asked to replace a particular file (can't remember the name of it)

I think I was re-installing an old mod and I didn't want to click replace incase it was an older version of the file and it broke something. It was slightly disconcerting not knowing whether I was making the right decision at the time.

I encountered this issue when installing a couple of your mods last week and I wasn't 100% sure what to do when asked to replace a particular file (can't remember the name of it)

I think I was re-installing an old mod and I didn't want to click replace incase it was an older version of the file and it broke something. It was slightly disconcerting not knowing whether I was making the right decision at the time.
I will add it to the installation instructions, although there is no wrong answer as both will work fine since the files are identical.

Well I do owe you an apology. I regret to say, I was in error and I am sorry. :(

Turns out I found out what the issue was .... XenPorta .... I had this modification installed long before you added the notice about it.... So there was no need for me to check the add-on main page when updating as such.

This seems to have been the root of all my errors. I of course... I discovered this the slow and hard way, but starting off with a fresh install (test site) and manually adding each add-on, template, skin, and 3rd party product manually. :confused:

Now I'm in the progress of re-installing all your modifications (had un-installed them on the live site). LoL

Will be fine, once I figure out why this isn't working
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/add-user-avatar-to-last-post-by-waindigo.266/

(Was before I removed it. Clueless as to why re-installing isn't showing anything)

Well I do owe you an apology. I regret to say, I was in error and I am sorry. :(

Turns out I found out what the issue was .... XenPorta .... I had this modification installed long before you added the notice about it.... So there was no need for me to check the add-on main page when updating as such.

This seems to have been the root of all my errors. I of course... I discovered this the slow and hard way, but starting off with a fresh install (test site) and manually adding each add-on, template, skin, and 3rd party product manually. :confused:

Now I'm in the progress of re-installing all your modifications (had un-installed them on the live site). LoL

Will be fine, once I figure out why this isn't working
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/add-user-avatar-to-last-post-by-waindigo.266/

(Was before I removed it. Clueless as to why re-installing isn't showing anything)
No apology necessary. Can I encourage you to point this out to the developer of XenPorta and keep pestering as he really needs to fix this... or I might have to resort to building 'WainPorta'.

No apology necessary. Can I encourage you to point this out to the developer of XenPorta and keep pestering as he really needs to fix this... or I might have to resort to building 'WainPorta'.
If you're ever willing to actually develop a portal .... I'd be very interested in testing this both on a testing site and later on a live site if such a product was made.

XenPorta has it's usefulness, but it is very conflicting with other add-ons. I already have to patch a few things (XFArcade for example) to get the two to work together.

Code:
Fatal error: Access level to Waindigo_SelfDelete_ControllerPublic_Abstract::_preDispatch() must be public (as in class EWRatendo_ControllerPublic_Events) in /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/Waindigo/SelfDelete/ControllerPublic/Abstract.php on line 30

It would seem that [8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events)

May also have an issue :(

Code:
Fatal error: Access level to Waindigo_SelfDelete_ControllerPublic_Abstract::_preDispatch() must be public (as in class EWRmedio_ControllerPublic_Media) in /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/Waindigo/SelfDelete/ControllerPublic/Abstract.php on line 30

And the same would seem to be true about [8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media)

:(

For now I have disabled Self Delete ....

instead of removing the addon which is causing the troubles, you're prefering removing ALL other addons?:D

Yeah, I had to disable it also. The portal and events addons are more important for me but it would be nice to be able to use this addon.

Code:
Fatal error: Access level to Waindigo_SelfDelete_ControllerPublic_Abstract::_preDispatch() must be public (as in class EWRmedio_ControllerPublic_Media) in /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/Waindigo/SelfDelete/ControllerPublic/Abstract.php on line 30

And the same would seem to be true about [8wayRun.Com] XenMedio (Media)

:(

For now I have disabled Self Delete ....
instead of removing the addon which is causing the troubles, you're prefering removing ALL other addons?:D
Yeah, I had to disable it also. The portal and events addons are more important for me but it would be nice to be able to use this addon.

I find this completely unacceptable. Please join me in leaving bad reviews for this developer. Bad coding like this gives XenForo a bad name and I'm sure it can be easily fixed by just following simple coding standards. :mad:

I find this completely unacceptable. Please join me in leaving bad reviews for this developer. Bad coding like this gives XenForo a bad name and I'm sure it can be easily fixed by just following simple coding standards. :mad:
I've tried it looooooong time ago, but no response..
( My addons are having compatibility problems too^^ )

I've actually un-installed XenPorta so I could resolve a few issues. I only really used it as a slash page for my announcements really.

I could technically get rid of the calendar (though I would like one), but the media gallery is another thing and is useful. If you're willing to code an alternative .... I'll dump it without much question.

This feature would actually be quite important for me to have - however, I am at the mercy of XenPorta.

I have left a 1-star review beside the addon, in the hopes it'll push him to resolve the problem.

Top Bottom