1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Self Delete by Waindigo [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by Jon W, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Self Delete by Waindigo (version 1.0.0) - Allow users to delete their account, giving a reason and allowing them time to change their mind.

Read more about this resource...

erich37 and yavuz like this.
  2. Alluidh

Alluidh Well-Known Member

Hi Waindigo

In this Add-on you use the same names for Listener as in your Library. But the files are newer and bigger and got some more functions. In my opinion there will be a problem if you install Self Delete before installing your Library and say "overwrite all"- Is this correct?

3. Alluidh

Alluidh Well-Known Member

OK - In try to install Self Delete as the newset Add-on and got
    during the installation and the Add-on isnt installed.

If you try to enter your forum after this you got
    And there is no chance to deinstall - you need to deaktivate this Add-on

Jay Schroer likes this.
  4. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

No, this is not the case. You should be able to overwrite files in any order. If you look carefully, the files that are overwritten never change.

Is this because you didn't upload all of the files?

5. ineedhelp

ineedhelp Well-Known Member

Can we see screenshots please.

Also 24hrs is too short.... Members should have at least 1 calendar month after submitting delete of account.

Or make it an option in the ACP so the admins can decide on how long the time should be.

6. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

I thought screenshots would be a little boring because there is not that much to show, but I will add some later when I get some time.

As I am a commercial developer so, as usual with all of my add-ons, I will only be adding new features (such as ACP options) if people contribute, either by directly requesting a feature from my and paying for its development, or by making a donation (in which case I will decide what features are added based on community feedback).

The 24 hour limit was added because that is what was requested by Crazy-Achmet, who very kindly paid for all of the development of this add-on so far.

7. Jay Schroer

Jay Schroer Member

I had the same problem. Got an http 500 error after installing. Tried to uninstall, get a bunch of errors and have to deactivate.

Server Error

func_get_arg(): Argument 1 not passed to function
    1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    2. func_get_arg() in ...library\Waindigo\Install\20120614.php at line 36
    3. Waindigo_Install::uninstall()
    4. call_user_func() in ...library\XenForo\DataWriter\AddOn.php at line 193
    5. XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in ...library\XenForo\DataWriter.php at line 1738
    6. XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in ...library\XenForo\ControllerAdmin\AddOn.php at line 116
    7. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in ...library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 310
    8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in ...library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 132
    9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in ...admin.php at line 13

8. Crazy-Achmet

Crazy-Achmet Active Member

I'm not be able to install this correctly.

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate abstract class Waindigo_Install in /xxxx/public/library/Waindigo/Install/20120508.php on line 121

Forget about that! ;)

9. EnragedGames

EnragedGames Member

I had a similar problem when I tried to uninstall it after it failed to fully install... Might also note that I am using your Threadthumbnail mod.

Code:
    Server Error

func_get_arg(): Argument 1 not passed to function

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Waindigo/Install/20120614.php at line 36
        Waindigo_Install::uninstall() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 193
        XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1738
        XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 116
        XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
        XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
        XenForo_FrontController->run() in .../admin.php at line 13

10. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

11. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

I believe that this is an error with XenPorta. I have contacted the author of this add-on and requested them to fix (http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenporta-portal.26838/page-38#post-377529).

12. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Screenshots have been added.

13. Crazy-Achmet

Crazy-Achmet Active Member

If i try to install, i got the "Please enter a valid callback method." again.

14. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

15. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

What happen to user post? Will be visible like "Guest" or the author will be the deleted user?
    How about a soft delete? Data ramain but user is "disabled".

16. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

On full delete (after 24 hours) posts will appear just as if user was deleted normally (so they will appear from that user, with no link to their profile). Before full delete, the user is banned, but no effect on their posts.

17. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Some free advice....

It would seem A LOT (all) of your modifications share a few files. Don't.
    You end up releasing X add-on, but do not update Y add-on shared to match.

So many conflicts....

Just an opinion

18. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

This is absolutely not the case. My shared files are very carefully designed so that any old shared files that are uploaded are ignored and newer shared files take precedence, without any extra effort on your part. The only down side is that you sometimes get a few copies of old shared files, but this is relatively small.

19. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

That hasn't exactly been my experience....

There have been a few add-ons, which I had never installed or uploaded before, made by you, which asked me if I wanted to over right files.

If this has changed .... Wonderful, I stand corrected and do sincerely apologies.

20. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

The files it asks you to overwrite will always be identical and will never ever change.