Fixed Select Quoting

Daniel Hood

Highlighting text within the [ code ] and [ php ] tags results in the tooltip being in a weird location.

Demo:

PHP:
$test = 123;
Code:
$('.something').doThings();

Disregard. It's working fine here, it messed up when I quoted the query in this thread though: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/php-mysql-search-replace-problem.79652/

Sorry. Must have been a fluke.

Figured it out. It's if there's more than one line, and you have to scroll horizontally to see the rest. If you highlight the line of code and then move your mouse down a line before releasing it pops up.

Attachments

• Untitled.webp
    Untitled.webp
    36.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Looks fine to me. What does it look like for you?

PcTe6Jf.png

It appears that the tooltip is bound to the end or the beginning of the text and with that, if you are selecting text within a scrollable element which has some of it's text hidden by the scroll bar location the same still applies and in some cases displays the tooltip in the imaginary spot where the text would have ended if not hidden by the scroll bar, to see what I mean...reproduce the steps and then use the scroll bar and you will see the tooltip move on click release.

If possible a solution might be that in scenarios where one is capture a slice which is completely located within a code box or whatever box with a scroller, to visually bind the tooltip to the bottom of the box (parent element like the code box), aligned left or right and selecting that alignment based on location of click release.

Last edited:
You mean if I quoted you, it would say something like, "Kier said"?
They have fixed it now, but if you take your post as an example where you have quoted Daniel. If I were to have selected a block of text within that quote by Daniel and I clicked "Reply" then it would look like I was quoting you.

So the solution was to completely ignore text inside quotes.

Top Bottom