Fixed Select for thread moderation problem

The bug has happened to me a number of times, but I'm not able to reproduce it. Appears to be an intermittent bug.

Hopefully others will chime in indicating it has happened to them also.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Browse to a forum (this will be your first tab)
2) Open new tab (this will be your second tab)
3) Browse to a forum and click a thread title
4) Click Thread Tools
5) Click Select for Thread Moderation
6) Click your first tab
7) Select a thread for moderation

Notice how only one thread is being shown as "Selected Threads: 1".

That behaviour is typical when performing moderation with multiple tabs.

You need to save the state of the first tab and refresh the second tab before attempting further moderation actions.

I'm not totally sure about the feasibility of fixing that. It depends if cookies in JS are updated immediately, even when another tab changes them.

I'm not totally sure about the feasibility of fixing that. It depends if cookies in JS are updated immediately, even when another tab changes them.

Mike, have you considered using the database to store selected threads for moderation?

Storing it in the database would require an AJAX request and query per select / unselect of a thread for moderation. The current method is fast and doesn't require a delayed response.

Plus, changing the method at this point could potentially introduce more problems, so it would have to be a suggestion.

Good points, King Kovifor.

Another option would be to allow pasting a URL of the thread to be merged. So instead of clicking the Thread Tools and selecting the thread, the admin would copy the URL, then select another thread from a forum-view and then invoke the Merge Thread option where an input box would allow pasting the URL of the other thread to be merged.

Top Bottom