XF 2.1 Persistent select for moderation checkbox in thread display.

Tom McIntyre

Select for moderation check box appears for all logged in users in XF2.1. It does not appear here with 2.2. If I create a brand new user who only belongs to the default Registered User group that has no moderation permissions, The box appears and the moderation drop down is empty of functions except to dismiss.

I found the templates for both conversations and threads that appears to control the function with $allowInlineMod that is set to true at the beginning of both the conversation_list_macros and thread_list_macros templates, but it appears to be managed by class="js-inlineModToggle" in both cases.

I do not know how to examine the javascript that appears to be referenced in the templates.

There won't be a bug here and even if it was a bug in XF 2.1 we're no longer planning any bug fix releases for XF 2.1 so the advice would just be to upgrade.

That said, I suspect that whatever issue this is would follow you around as I do not believe we had any issues with this in XF 2.1 that we fixed subsequently.

Usual troubleshooting steps will be required.

The first thing to check is whether or not any users or groups have the "Use inline moderation on threads / posts" permission either in the global user group permissions or in the node permissions for a specific node that is affected.

You may wish to use the "Analyze permissions" feature to test this against a particular user and a particular group/node.

The next thing is disabling all add-ons and using a completely unedited default style. (This can be re-created by creating a new style with no parent).

One of these will likely fix the problem or enable you to narrow it down.

Thanks for identifying the permission. I was able to use Analyze Permissions to find the problem. I should have found it the first time I looked, but I did not think to look at node permissions as well as usergroup permissions.

Sometime in the dim dark past three years ago I had given that permission to the default Registered Users group. It is now fixed. I am glad I did not have to disassemble the site to find it. :)

Top Bottom