Lack of interest Select dates older than February 2007 (Search)

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

A.E.

The calendar widget to select dates (for example when searching) doesn't let you select dates older than February 2007.
In our biggest forum we have imported threads from the year 2001. Searching through > 2.700.000 posts between 2001 and 2012 with a maximum of 200 hits isn't really pleasant. :LOL:
If it works like designed, please take it as a suggestion. Thanks in advance.

One question in this context: How to search a date without the calendar? To enter a date in February 2007 you (or just i?) need more than 60 clicks. :sick:

Gruß, Albert. :p

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The range is explicitly defined in the javascript:

js/xenforo/xenforo.js

Search for:

Code:
yearRange:[-5,
5]

You can change it if you want. The devs will decide if this should be increased in the default software.

One question in this context: How to search a date without the calendar? To enter a date in February 2007 you (or just i?) need more than 60 clicks. :sick:

Good point. The interface doesn't let you manually type in a date. That's a good suggestion. Or perhaps an option in the calendar to skip years, not just months.

I will plus one these suggestions.

Our board dates back to 2003 so some of our veteran users may appreciate easier ways of searching for older content.

What about the ability to close the calendar by clicking in input box a second time so you could just freeform type a date in (how things like Google Analytics work).

And I agree that making it longer than 5 years by default doesn't necessarily make it convenient (I don't think I would use it regardless), would such a change make it less convenient for those that didn't want it somehow or have some adverse affect (like making it slow)?

What about clicking the month/year in the initial display to replace the days with months and the back/fore buttons then navigate through the years instead of months (click a month to go back to viewing the days for that year/month).

Top Bottom