1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Search - date ranges, older than, etc. - plus more results in permissions

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by craigiri, Sep 26, 2013.

1. craigiri

craigiri Well-Known Member

In addition to the basics mentioned here:
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/acp-user-search-allow-dates-to-be-manually-entered.59159/

The more advanced "more" searches should have both before and after dates as well as the possibility of date ranges (two pop-up calendars).

Additionally, it would be great to be able to set search options of various types including:
    1. quick search (standard box) admin setting for relevance as opposed to date being standard.
    2. permissions to allow moderators, for example, to get ALL results in search or at least more than the stock 200 or 300.

Basically, I think the entire search must be looked at in terms of both admin and user options - these improvements should be easy from a programming perspective and yet will add much flexibility to the system.

Thanks!

2. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

"Newer Than" should be changed to "Older Than". The way it is now it's impossible to find older results if the search word is common.

lazy llama and craigiri like this.
  3. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Also I just noticed the calendar is pretty much useless without a year selector. Clicking the back arrow a 48 times to go back 4 years is not user friendly.

xf_phantom likes this.
  4. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

+1

I would like to be able to search for between dates.... ie.... Post new than X, but older than Y.

AndyB likes this.
  5. DJ XtAzY

DJ XtAzY Active Member

Yea I had to select a year from 2006 and that was a ton of clicks.

6. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

7. LennonNL

LennonNL New Member

Apologies @Brogan I didn't realise there was already a thread. Was just told to ask about it by the leader of the forum I regularly post on.

Any news on the possibility of an 'older than' search feature then?