1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Planned Segregate Administrators and people having access to the ACP

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Enguerran A, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Enguerran A

Enguerran A Well-Known Member

I'm using Xenforo since 2013 and I didn't know that before. I think you should find an other way to manage real administrators and people having access to the ACP because I don't want everyone to appear in the administrator list. I just want to have Administrators in that list, real ones, with perms and status.

[​IMG]

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Define a "real one".

3. Enguerran A

Enguerran A Well-Known Member

Not just someone who can log into the ACP.

If I promote someone to connect to the ACP and only that (no other permissions) he's not an administrator, he's just a random guy having access to the ACP. I agree it's stupid but it's true ^^'

4. James

James Well-Known Member

Someone with access to functions to administrate your board is by definition an administrator, is he not?

Amaury likes this.
  5. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I don't really see a reason to change this.

Administrators are and always will be administrators but it is the settings you choose, be that permissions (front end and back end), user groups, banners and titles, whether they are listed as staff or not, that define their appearance and abilities. I don't see why they would need to be listed separately. It's also, although valid, likely a rare approach to be taken to have an administrator who can't do anything at all (if they can't do anything, why are they even administrators?) so it really is something that I don't see us implementing.

Amaury likes this.