Add-on Force new users to post in a forum prior to having access to the rest of the site... I thought I've seen an add-on like that.

Chernabog

Hey all! Maybe someone here can help me. I am pretty sure this add-on exists, I am almost positive I've seen it but for the life of me I cannot find it in any searches I do.

Basically it required all your new registrations to post to a selected forum (like introductions for example) before they had full access to the site. Simply forcing their hand to be a little engaging.

Does this ring a bell to anyone or can someone point me in the direction of it for XF2.1?

Thanks much!

Easy enough to do with permissions and user promotions.
  • Create a custom user group [Post outside of intro] or similar
  • Set default user group permission for Registered user group:
    • Post new thread: "No"
    • Post replies: "No"
  • Set node permission in Intro forum for Registered user group:
    • Post new thread: "Yes"
    • Post replies: "No" (inherit will do)
  • Set user group permission for [Post outside of intro] user group:
    • Post replies: "Yes"
  • Create a user group promotion:
    • Add user to user groups: [Post outside of intro]
    • Apply promotion while:
      • User has posted at least X messages: 1
This works by denying registered users access to post in any forum except posting a new thread in the Intro forum. Then once they have posted at least once, the user promotion will put them into the [Post outside of intro] group at which point they can post/reply as normal. Only gotcha is that promotions only run about once per hour I think? Means there can be a slight delay between making their post in the intro forum before they can post elsewhere.

Easy enough to do with permissions and user promotions.
  • Create a custom user group [Post outside of intro] or similar
  • Set default user group permission for Registered user group:
    • Post new thread: "No"
    • Post replies: "No"
  • Set node permission in Intro forum for Registered user group:
    • Post replies: "No" (inherit will do)
  • Set user group permission for [Post outside of intro] user group:
    • Post replies: "Yes"
  • Create a user group promotion:
    • Add user to user groups: [Post outside of intro]
    • Apply promotion while:
      • User has posted at least X messages: 1
This works by denying registered users access to post in any forum except posting a new thread in the Intro forum. Then once they have posted at least once, the user promotion will put them into the [Post outside of intro] group at which point they can post/reply as normal. Only gotcha is that promotions only run about once per hour I think? Means there can be a slight delay between making their post in the intro forum before they can post elsewhere.

Thank you. I never thought about user group promotions, but I love knowing that!

Top Bottom