Search This Thread [Paid] [Deleted]

Wait...... So you've taken a free template edit and changed it into a paid add-on?

Expect a free alternative shortly (minutes from now)

As I responded to your PM..... (my reply)

I'm not trying to be disrespectful or negative, but I have a strong dislike for people who take simple and free published work, such as a template edit, and change it into a paid product.

I understand wanting to maybe bring in an income, but do so making an actual product and not a TMS template edit.

Had this been a modification... ie... A real add-on.... I would have ignored it and assumed, your work was improving and you converted it into paid. I may have even congratulated you, as we have other developers who do that exact same thing. They start out free and move into a paid product and I, including everyone else wishes them well.

But taking a free product which was published in raw code for everyone to see and not changing anything, just converting it with a price tag.... Expect an alternative to pop up in seconds.

If you come out with a real product.... I'll even do you the favor and advertize it for you, for free. Which I've been known to do for some people here in various locations.

Had this been a modification... ie... A real add-on.... I would have ignored it and assumed, your work was improving and you converted it into paid. I may have even congratulated you, as we have other developers who do that exact same thing. They start out free and move into a paid product and I, including everyone else wishes them well.
I do create real add-ons and I still don't charge. Probably never will unless my skill improves enough and I produce something premium.

I have to agree with TheVisitors.

If you want a bit of an income from your work, slap a PayPal donate badge on it. Not many people will click it, but not many people will pay for a template edit either. But at least they have a choice.

Top Bottom