• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Search This Thread [Paid] [Deleted]

Matthew2D

Adam Howard

As I responded to your PM..... (my reply)

I'm not trying to be disrespectful or negative, but I have a strong dislike for people who take simple and free published work, such as a template edit, and change it into a paid product.

I understand wanting to maybe bring in an income, but do so making an actual product and not a TMS template edit.

Had this been a modification... ie... A real add-on.... I would have ignored it and assumed, your work was improving and you converted it into paid. I may have even congratulated you, as we have other developers who do that exact same thing. They start out free and move into a paid product and I, including everyone else wishes them well.

But taking a free product which was published in raw code for everyone to see and not changing anything, just converting it with a price tag.... Expect an alternative to pop up in seconds.

If you come out with a real product.... I'll even do you the favor and advertize it for you, for free. Which I've been known to do for some people here in various locations.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Had this been a modification... ie... A real add-on.... I would have ignored it and assumed, your work was improving and you converted it into paid. I may have even congratulated you, as we have other developers who do that exact same thing. They start out free and move into a paid product and I, including everyone else wishes them well.
I do create real add-ons and I still don't charge. Probably never will unless my skill improves enough and I produce something premium.

I have to agree with TheVisitors.

If you want a bit of an income from your work, slap a PayPal donate badge on it. Not many people will click it, but not many people will pay for a template edit either. But at least they have a choice.