1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As Designed Search Tab for pages

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by xf_phantom, Jun 28, 2013.

1. xf_phantom

xf_phantom Well-Known Member

The tab for the page search isn't included in the search_form_tabs template http://xenforo.com/community/search/

Shouldn't also the getSearchFormControllerResponse method be included into the searchhandler?

hm, i'll give it up to try to get the search working till the next beta:/

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
    Andrej likes this.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The tab is omitted intentionally. It can generally be used by selecting the nodes in question.

3. xf_phantom

xf_phantom Well-Known Member

HM, you mean forums?:p (at least the search form says FORUMS and not nodes)

And this brings me to a very important point:
    The whole system is strange and sucks inconstant.
    Sometimes it's called node, sometimes it's called forum, but it should be category/page or whatever the real nodetype is.
    SPecially in frontend you call everything forum and in ACP it's called by the real name.. (that's to not confuse people, right? And calling pages "forums" doesn't confuse them?)

In xenforo a forum is a nodetype which can contain only threads and other childnodes
    A page nodetype can container only oher nodetypes as child
    an gallery album nodetype can contain only gallery images and child nodes types
    Aren't nodes for this? So i'm coming to my next point => why arent the resource manager categories nodes, too? Now you've started to include a complete other category/node type, including different handling, permissions etc....

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013