XF 2.2 Slow pagespeed LCP (Largest Contentful Paint) for pages with notices / cookie warning

bzcomputers

Recently Google has put more weight on pagespeed scores for LCP (Largest Contentful Paint). Now all my pages that have a notice on them (or cookie warning) fail / receive a poor rating. Unfortunately, this can in turn reflect negatively on each page's search rankings.

I currently show a registration notice to all non-logged in users. This causes an issues / poor LCP ratings on every page. Google will also always see the GDPR cookie notice on every page, which by itself also forces every page's LCP score to the "poor" level.

My options to improve LCP are:
1) Never use notices and disable cookie notice (causing GDPR/ePR issues)
2) Find a way to speed up notices

Is there anyway to prioritize notices? Are they currently relying on defered js?

Has anyone else been able to eliminate these LCP issues?

For page testing: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

Hi Bzcomputers, for this you need to vote here:

I voted awhile back, so far back I forgot about it.

I'm glad a friend pointed this thread out to me. I've been working like crazy to get my core web vitals to improve. Of course we want our users to have a great experience, but we get a VAST majority of traffic from Google, and how the BIG G views my site is pretty much life or death.

So, when I go to look at how Google views my site in pagespeed insights, search console, etc., I get alarmed when I see lots of red and orange!

The biggest issue right now is our LCP, and it seems that @bzcomputers may be onto something since we also have notices on all our pages, and I'd be bummed if that's what's causing our scores to be so poor!

Top Bottom