Not a bug Search results per page not changing when seaching for new posts

Fethi.dz

Hello,

As you can see in the below picture, I set 25 result to be shown per page but when I click on searching for the new posts on my forum I still getting the default value of search per page which is 20.

Search Results Per Page.webp
Search Results Per Page2.webp

After dinging a bit in the file /library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/FindNew.php

I found that the option that control the per page search results is as follow:

PHP:
$perPage = XenForo_Application::get('options')->discussionsPerPage;

I think it should be:

PHP:
$perPage =XenForo_Application::get('options')->searchResultsPerPage

Since this is a Search Result Page not a Discussions Per Page (This controls the maximum number of discussions (such as threads) that will be shown on one page.)

It's a list of discussions, therefore the current option makes the most sense.

The distinction is that a list of search results can actually be a list of any type of content, as the search system is content agnostic.

It's a list of discussions, therefore the current option makes the most sense.

The distinction is that a list of search results can actually be a list of any type of content, as the search system is content agnostic.

Well Chris, it still a search page whether are the content a threads or posts, I should be able to control the number of search per page from that option page (Search option) because it doesn't make sense when I change the Maximum Number of Search Results (From 200 to 500) from there and the number per page I have to change it from an other page option!!

It's a discussion list, so we use the discussion list per page option. To make it use a different value would require a code edit or an add-on, or custom development.

Top Bottom