1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a Bug Search results per page not changing when seaching for new posts

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Fethi.dz, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Fethi.dz

Fethi.dz Member

As you can see in the below picture, I set 25 result to be shown per page but when I click on searching for the new posts on my forum I still getting the default value of search per page which is 20.

Search Results Per Page.png
    Search Results Per Page2.png
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Amaury likes this.
  3. Fethi.dz

Fethi.dz Member

After dinging a bit in the file /library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/FindNew.php

I found that the option that control the per page search results is as follow:

$perPage XenForo_Application::get('options')->discussionsPerPage;

I think it should be:

$perPage =XenForo_Application::get('options')->searchResultsPerPage
    Since this is a Search Result Page not a Discussions Per Page (This controls the maximum number of discussions (such as threads) that will be shown on one page.)
  4. Chris D

It's a list of discussions, therefore the current option makes the most sense.

The distinction is that a list of search results can actually be a list of any type of content, as the search system is content agnostic.
    Amaury likes this.
  5. Fethi.dz

Fethi.dz Member

Well Chris, it still a search page whether are the content a threads or posts, I should be able to control the number of search per page from that option page (Search option) because it doesn't make sense when I change the Maximum Number of Search Results (From 200 to 500) from there and the number per page I have to change it from an other page option!!
  6. Chris D

It's a discussion list, so we use the discussion list per page option. To make it use a different value would require a code edit or an add-on, or custom development.
    Fethi.dz and Amaury like this.