1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Search engine does not work !

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by nabil, Oct 26, 2013.

1. nabil

nabil Member

Hello
    Search engine does not work !
    This User
    http://defense-arab.com/vb/members/1/
    The problem postings !
    This member does not have any recent content. !!!!

Many members also........

Please I want Help to the problem ?

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I can't seem to get your site to load, but I suspect you need to rebuild the search index (this is listed as one of the steps at the end of an import).

nabil likes this.
  3. imno007

imno007 Well-Known Member

This might be the link you want to share, if the problem you're reporting is the actually to do with the search engine:

http://defense-arab.com/vb/search

You linked to a profile that's not showing any posted content. If that account is not new, maybe the problem was with the import? I do see a "vb" in your address. All I can tell you with 99.9% surety is that it's not due to a Xenforo search engine bug.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  4. nabil

nabil Member

Ok, @Mike
    running now Processing...Rebuilding... Search Index

Will follow up with you here

No not really the engine does not work! , I think it only Rebuilding... Search Index problem Only .........

5. imno007

imno007 Well-Known Member

Right, I was basically pointing out that you might have wanted to link to your search rather than a profile, so people could try it. I did try several searches on your site, all of which gave no reults, so there did seem to be a problem. However, it was difficult to be sure because of the language barrier. Anyway, I figured Mike was right (hadn't seen his response when I posted mine) and I'm glad you seem to have it under control now. :cool:

nabil likes this.
  6. nabil

nabil Member

Thank you @Mike
    And also thank you @imno007

now works :D