1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Search Admin Templates

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Vincent, May 11, 2011.

1. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

I find it really frustrating finding a "Search Templates" function but not a "Search Admin Templates" function.

I can always find the things I need, but it takes me longer then if I'd just search for a phrase I see or just a piece of code.

If possible, please insert a Search Admin Templates function :)

rellect, tyteen4a03 and Mutt like this.
  2. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

I think this is implemented as it's a feature of 1.1 Alpha?

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yup.

Vincent likes this.
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Ehh, not really - you still can't search the content of the admin templates.

5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can search the contents of this file:

install/data/admin_templates.xml

That's what I do.

6. Brogan

Ah, slight misunderstanding there.

Although you can search admin templates, you can't search in admin templates.

7. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

This is proving such a pain, if you have several addons and want to search in the Admin Templates of Xenforo + Addons...

Currently I have to open the admin_templates xml of xenforo or the install xml of addons and try and locate the admin template where the searched content exists. Would really appreciate if this is in the next XF update.

8. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

I need this to be implemented. It's a pain if you translate phrases in admin templates and don't know where the phrases are located (for context).

Vincent and tyteen4a03 like this.
  9. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

http://xenforo.com/community/resour...ins-now-including-admin-template-search.1600/

Ok, so amongst other functionality, I have implemented an Admin Template search in the above add-on.

It's certainly very useful for a number of people including add-on developers, translators etc.

So, for those who wanted it (including digitalpoint from another thread, quoted for the alert) use the above add-on. If it's never included in the core, well, at least we have this :)

Lior. likes this.
  10. Brogan