Resource icon

[SchmitzIT] XenForo MediaWiki Bridge 2.0

No permission to download
bump

XenForo 1.4.6, MediaWiki 1.25.2

White screen in MediaWiki page shown to user logged in to XenForo.
XenForo guest can view MW pages with no issues.

Same error as above:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function toString() on a non-object in ../includes/User.php on line 3768, referer: .../index.php?title=...&action=submitlogin&type=login

Maybe there was an update on XenForo API or MediaWiki API?

Thank you.

Sending a PM to xfrocks to see if we can help get this updated to work with latest MediaWiki / XF.

With latest MW version and xenforo 1.4.8, we have the same problem of blank page if user doesn't exist in the MW database already. Enabling MW error reporting reveals this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function toString() on a non-object in /home/oursite/html/wiki/includes/User.php on line 3791

I do not know if this is related to @Thasan 's review in which he wrote

"
Dosent work with latests mediawiki (origin/wmf/1.25wmf14), but quite easy to fix. Works fine with XenForo 1.4.0
Problem is on authplugin.php createUser function (to fix, use extensions/LdapAuthentication/LdapAutoAuthentication.php, function attemptAddUser as example)"

Unfortunately the above is way beyond me.

I paid XFRocks to get this plugin updated. I have a working version now. I'd release it but probably not for free >> it was kind of expensive.

I paid XFRocks to get this plugin updated. I have a working version now. I'd release it but probably not for free >> it was kind of expensive.

Hmm. Too bad xfrocks didn't update this one. If you re-released a paid version who would provide support?

Hmm. Too bad xfrocks didn't update this one. If you re-released a paid version who would provide support?

XFRocks didn't update this one because it was probably a one off freelance gig. I paid him to update it in the same fashion, a one off freelance gig.

I have a developer working on a new wiki bridge. I'm not sure if he will release it publicly, but he has my permission to do so. It might be another option.

Edit: Our wiki bridge is done and works with xf 1.5 and the latest version of wikimedia. I hope it gets a public release.

Last edited:
Resourse author said it?

You tell me.

KMoY2UH.png

SchmitzIT said:
First off, let me start by stating that this mod was coded by xfrocks, but he is allowing me release it (presumably because I paid him to code it ;) ).

I've released it on my site (I do not release add-on here, because I do not have a much time for support now):
https://yoskaldyr.eu/products/cmf-mediawiki-xenforo-to-mediawiki-bridge.10/

Thanks for the link. Is this also working on XenForo 1.5? I'm not sure because in the description of CMF Core only version 1.4 is mentioned.

Is there a possbility to test the bridge before buying it? Are the users of XenForos and MediaWiki connected? And is the bridge maintained?

Last edited:
I have a developer working on a new wiki bridge. I'm not sure if he will release it publicly, but he has my permission to do so. It might be another option.

Edit: Our wiki bridge is done and works with xf 1.5 and the latest version of wikimedia. I hope it gets a public release.
@empire , what has happend to the bridge? Has it become released? And when not, why?

Top Bottom