Resource icon

[SchmitzIT] XenForo MediaWiki Bridge 2.0

No permission to download
It pulls from the Apache HTTP session, so you'd have to find some way of session sharing between the two subdomains, which is too low-level for the plugin.

Another question: after installing the MediaWiki addon in XenForo, where do I go to see user activity? It might just be lost in my web admin's theme.

Yeah, we tried that as well, and ended up giving up :(

Maybe LPH, the author of XenWord could help you with this problem. This is a bridge between Wordpress and XenForo which works also with subdomains.

This is an excerpt from the readme:
Readme said:
COOKIE SETTINGS
---------------

If you are using different subdomains then please read the following thread for setting library/config.php
properly for XenForo.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforos-handing-of-cookie-domains.15260/#post-200173

// COOKIES WILL WORK ON ANY SUBDOMAIN OF yoursite.com, WITH OR WITHOUT www
$config['cookie'] = array(
'prefix' => 'xf_',
'path' => '/',
'domain' => '.yoursite.com'
);

You MUST clear your browser cookies after changing the config file.

Since Xenforo 1.4.3 update we started to get this error:
Code:
ErrorException: Declaration of MediaWiki_Dependencies_Public::route() should be compatible with XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract::route(Zend_Controller_Request_Http $request, $routePath = NULL) - library/MediaWiki/Dependencies/Public.php:2

Since Xenforo 1.4.3 update we started to get this error:
Code:
ErrorException: Declaration of MediaWiki_Dependencies_Public::route() should be compatible with XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract::route(Zend_Controller_Request_Http $request, $routePath = NULL) - library/MediaWiki/Dependencies/Public.php:2

Are you on the latest version? I checked after upgrading, and the declaration of both seems to match for me.

I'm also getting this error with XF 1.4.3 and MW 1.24:
Code:
ErrorException: Declaration of MediaWiki_Dependencies_Public::route() should be compatible with that of XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract::route() - library/MediaWiki/Dependencies/Public.php:2

Edit: Forgot to add that as far as the bridge's functionality goes, everything about it still works.

Last edited:
It's both not working correctly.

With Chrome it's working only with an existing user, when I try a new user the mediaWiki isn't loading anymore. With Firefox the login isn't working even with an existing user.

I'm willing to pay if someone can fix this plugin bridge. I am having the same issues that Scharesoft is having. Users that exist in both Mediawiki and Xenforo work fine however if a user that only exists on Xenforo attempts to access mediawiki the page refuses to load/is white.

Creating a page/editing a page does not list themselves in the Xenforo status/news updates.

Have you tried enabling error logging in the wiki in order to see whether there's more information available?

Update: Sorry for the lack of response. I've had some personal matters to deal with. Hoping I'll be able to drop by more often again from now on.

Tried and tried thinking I was overlooking something, but seems this doesnt work any longer with the newest MediaWiki 1.24.2 release.

1. Is there any plans on updating this?
2. Does the XF Forums and the MediaWiki need to be using the same Database, or can they be using their own seperate DB?

*Going to install MediaWiki 1.22.0 for now in hopes of a working bridged version, and the plan would be to update when the bridge is updated..

The 'addon-mediawiki_helper.xml' file doesn't exist in the resource download, so I'm not able to add the Newsfeed functionality to Xenforo. Does anyone have this file available to share, or can the resource creator add it to the download package? Thank you!

We're moving our big board from vbulletin 4 to xenforo. The mediawiki bridge we use now makes our wiki match our forum. The page background, header and footer come from vbulletin, and then the mediawiki content is in the middle. Is something like that possible with this add-on, or does the wiki appear as a completely separate site?

Is it possible to make it so that only users of a certain group on the forums can edit the wiki? I don't want newly registered users to be able to edit the wiki.

Sending a PM to xfrocks to see if we can help get this updated to work with latest MediaWiki / XF.

With latest MW version and xenforo 1.4.8, we have the same problem of blank page if user doesn't exist in the MW database already. Enabling MW error reporting reveals this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function toString() on a non-object in /home/oursite/html/wiki/includes/User.php on line 3791

I do not know if this is related to @Thasan 's review in which he wrote

"
Dosent work with latests mediawiki (origin/wmf/1.25wmf14), but quite easy to fix. Works fine with XenForo 1.4.0
Problem is on authplugin.php createUser function (to fix, use extensions/LdapAuthentication/LdapAutoAuthentication.php, function attemptAddUser as example)"

Unfortunately the above is way beyond me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom