Resource icon

[SchmitzIT] XenForo MediaWiki Bridge 2.0

No permission to download
I've run into an odd issue with MediaWiki 1.22.5, xF 1.3.0, and PHP 5.4.23. Everything seems to function correctly (editing, accounts, etc.), but this appears at the bottom of every page on my wiki:
Code:
Unexpected non-MediaWiki exception encountered, of type "ErrorException"

Enabling some debugging options in LocalSettings.php results in something a bit more helpful, although I don't know where to start:
Code:
[f07ff065] /wiki/Main_Page Exception from line 2807 of /home/REMOVED/public_html/wiki/includes/GlobalFunctions.php: passthru(): Unable to fork [/bin/bash '/home/REMOVED/public_html/wiki/includes/limit.sh' ''\''/usr/bin/php'\'' '\''/home/REMOVED/public_html/wiki/maintenance/runJobs.php'\'' '\''--maxjobs'\'' '\''1'\'' >/dev/null 2>&1 &' 'MW_INCLUDE_STDERR=;MW_CPU_LIMIT=180; MW_CGROUP='\'''\''; MW_MEM_LIMIT=307200; MW_FILE_SIZE_LIMIT=102400; MW_WALL_CLOCK_LIMIT=180']
Backtrace:
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(integer, string, string, integer, array)
#1 /home/REMOVED/public_html/wiki/includes/GlobalFunctions.php(2807): passthru(string, integer)
#2 /home/REMOVED/public_html/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(668): wfShellExec(string, integer)
#3 /home/REMOVED/public_html/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(622): MediaWiki->doJobs()
#4 /home/REMOVED/public_html/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(468): MediaWiki->restInPeace()
#5 /home/REMOVED/public_html/wiki/index.php(49): MediaWiki->run()
#6 {main}
:confused: Any assistance with this would be appreciated.

I just wanted to say thanks for releasing this! :)

I've gotten this to work with our mediawiki version (1.22.5) which also has the blue-spice extension added to it.

@Dinosaur But example.com/wiki is far different than wiki.example.com. Subdomains change how cookies are handled.
It also worked when we used to use forums.blah.com and blah.com/wiki (though we got rid of the forum subdomain later). So it does work across different subdomains on the same domain.

@Dinosaur Well then I have no idea why it's not working for me, or how to debug it. When I enable it on the wiki, it successfully disables login/registration on the wiki. However, when I log into the forums, it does not log me into the wiki.

I haven't checked into the inner workings of this bridge. Does it create users with the same username as the forums? If so, would it automatically bridge my forum account with my existing wiki account?

@xfrocks

All of a sudden all of my wiki pages only show:

I have the following two errors in my server error logs though:

Error Info
Code:
ErrorException: DB transaction callbacks still pending (from User::invalidateCache, Title::invalidateCache). - wiki_media/includes/db/Database.php:3953

Stack Trace
Code:
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(1024, 'DB transaction ...', '/home/neochi/pu...', 3953, Array)
#1 /home/neochi/public_html/wiki_media/includes/db/Database.php(3953): trigger_error('DB transaction ...')
#2 [internal function]: DatabaseBase->__destruct()
#3 {main}

Request State
Code:
array(3) {
["url"] => string(60) "http://mysite.com/wiki/Brave_Frontier_Wiki/Spheres_List"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["title"] => string(32) "Brave_Frontier_Wiki/Spheres_List"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Error Info
Code:
ErrorException: Uncommitted DB writes (transaction from DatabaseBase::query (WikiPage::pageData)). - wiki_media/includes/db/Database.php:3944
Generated By: mulder, 20 minutes ago

Stack Trace
Code:
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(1024, 'Uncommitted DB ...', '/home/neochi/pu...', 3944, Array)
#1 /home/neochi/public_html/wiki_media/includes/db/Database.php(3944): trigger_error('Uncommitted DB ...')
#3 {main}

Request State
Code:
array(3) {
["url"] => string(60) "http://appinvasion.com/wiki/Brave_Frontier_Wiki/Spheres_List"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I did migrate servers recently. Not sure if that's related.

Last edited:
@xfrocks

All of a sudden all of my wiki pages only show:

I have the following two errors in my server error logs though:

Error Info
Code:
ErrorException: DB transaction callbacks still pending (from User::invalidateCache, Title::invalidateCache). - wiki_media/includes/db/Database.php:3953

Stack Trace
Code:
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(1024, 'DB transaction ...', '/home/neochi/pu...', 3953, Array)
#1 /home/neochi/public_html/wiki_media/includes/db/Database.php(3953): trigger_error('DB transaction ...')
#3 {main}

Request State
Code:
array(3) {
["url"] => string(60) "http://mysite.com/wiki/Brave_Frontier_Wiki/Spheres_List"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Error Info
Code:
ErrorException: Uncommitted DB writes (transaction from DatabaseBase::query (WikiPage::pageData)). - wiki_media/includes/db/Database.php:3944
Generated By: mulder, 20 minutes ago

Stack Trace
Code:
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(1024, 'Uncommitted DB ...', '/home/neochi/pu...', 3944, Array)
#1 /home/neochi/public_html/wiki_media/includes/db/Database.php(3944): trigger_error('Uncommitted DB ...')
#3 {main}

Request State
Code:
array(3) {
["url"] => string(60) "http://appinvasion.com/wiki/Brave_Frontier_Wiki/Spheres_List"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I did migrate servers recently. Not sure if that's related.

Did you upgrade MediaWiki? Server changes should not cause this kind of issues.

Did you upgrade MediaWiki? Server changes should not cause this kind of issues.

Wow...ok so apparently my new server has softaculous installed and that upgraded my mediawiki to 1.23.3 automatically. Sigh.

So is the bridge not compatible with the new mediawiki or is there an easy fix?

Wow...ok so apparently my new server has softaculous installed and that upgraded my mediawiki to 1.23.3 automatically. Sigh.

So is the bridge not compatible with the new mediawiki or is there an easy fix?
I'm testing 1.23.3 right now.

So it turns out that yes, if you have your forums and wiki on two different subdomains, you cannot use this bridge, i.e. forums.example.com and wiki.example.com.

Top Bottom