• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[SchmitzIT] User Searches

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchmitzIT

[SchmitzIT] User Searches is meant to be an easy way for XenForo owners to add one or two additional pre-defined searches to the navigation menu under the forum tab.

In short, it allows you to pick a name for a search, and add the names of which users you want the search to be looking for. Imagine, on XenForo.com, they want to add a search for posts from Kier and Mike and call it 'Dev posts', and perhaps a second search called 'Staff Posts' for posts by Kier, Mike and Ashley.Sure, Kier could code that in under 0.23 seconds, but with this add-on he won't have to, and neither would you!

This add-on would allow you to easily add exactly that, by means of a configuration menu in the AdminCP. Because it uses a XenForo hook to add the search, no template edits are neccessary. ZOMG!

At this very moment, it only works when 'Friendly URLs' is turned on.

A big thanks to Jake Bunce for putting me in the right direction on how to add the search in the first place.
SchmitzIT_UserSearches_AdminCP.webp

SchmitzIT_UserSearches_UserSearches.webp

Additional features for future versions:

* Support for entire usergroups, so you do not have to list individual members, but can have a search for all members in one (or more) usergroups.
* Auto-complete for the usernames (as soon as I figure out how to get that to work in the AdminCP).
* Support for when Friendly URLs is turned OFF (as soon as I figure out the proper syntax for that).

Feel free to suggest other features you would like to see :)

As always wiith our add-ons, it is released free of charge, but if you appreciate it or just want to support development of further add-ons, feel free to donate, or hire us to install/import/upgrade or style your forums. Donations through paypal can be made out to peter at schmitzit dot com.

Donating is not mandatory, but be advised that I am a part-time cage fighter and I know where you walk your dog/cat/duck :D!

Enjoy!

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom