Saved Passwords vs Security

Ugh. I wish people would get off the old school BS of alphanumeric characters for passwords that are virtually impossible to remember. It's not needed, and it's more than just a pain for the end user.

Great thing about Kaspersky is that it remembers. It encrypts, its password protected. I can create backups and mail them out to myself which are password protected.
But you are right, I could not for the life of me tell you my password to this site unless i *look it* via the software which requires logging in.

Its cheap
http://www.kaspersky.ca/products-se...ecurity/password-manager?domain=kaspersky.com

Key Features

• Secures passwords and personal data in an encrypted vault
  • Generates random, strong passwords that are nearly impossible to crack
  • Virtual Keyboard uses mouse-clicks instead of traceable key strokes
  • Extremely convenient with only one master password for you to remember
  • Automatically completes log-ins and long web forms
  • Portable version can be saved to a flash drive and safely used on multiple PCs

Great thing about Kaspersky is that it remembers. It encrypts, its password protected. I can create backups and mail them out to myself which are password protected.
But you are right, I could not for the life of me tell you my password to this site unless i *look it* via the software which requires logging in.

Its cheap
http://www.kaspersky.ca/products-se...ecurity/password-manager?domain=kaspersky.com

Key Features

• Secures passwords and personal data in an encrypted vault
  • Generates random, strong passwords that are nearly impossible to crack
  • Virtual Keyboard uses mouse-clicks instead of traceable key strokes
  • Extremely convenient with only one master password for you to remember
  • Automatically completes log-ins and long web forms
  • Portable version can be saved to a flash drive and safely used on multiple PCs

Norton Internet Security 2013 can do all this things except virtual keyboard. Also NIS is more lighter than KIS.
The good part in Norton is Identify Safe which provides you good encryption on your login informations.
All you need is just to separate login info's from your browser, because every malicious software first will look on stored logins on browsers which is easy target, so by using this kind of protection your logins are not on your browser and they are good encrypted.
That's just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom