Santa Down Under

Everything "offends" people nowadays. If people just grew a pair of balls and didn't have such a low esteem about themselves, religion, race etc the better place the world would be.It's all about me, my feelings and I want to be heard by being "offended".

Learn to live you worrying *******s and stop worrying who you'll offend. This was a political broadcast from the "we couldn't care less what you think party".

When I first read this thread title I was thinking that little chappy down under. no not there, you know, under, the nether regions down under. The forbidden down under. I should stop typing.

Everything "offends" people nowadays. If people just grew a pair of balls and didn't have such a low esteem about themselves, religion, race etc the better place the world would be.It's all about me, my feelings and I want to be heard by being "offended".

Learn to live you worrying *******s and stop worrying who you'll offend. This was a political broadcast from the "we couldn't care less what you think party".
Couldn't agree more...

When I first read this thread title I was thinking that little chappy down under. no not there, you know, under, the nether regions down under. The forbidden down under. I should stop typing.
LMAO, well now that I know how to get your attention... :p

Exactly, I think some people simply have a pathological need to be offended or outraged about something every minute of their otherwise empty lives so they complain about anything and everything no matter how inoffensive it is... and as friend in Hungary says "Ho is Hungarian for snow." :)

No one seems to have picked up on what this story is really about. It is not about anyone being offended, it's about striving to create a world where everything and everyone is "safe" for the precious children. It is a magical dream world where nothing should ever disturb, confuse or distress any precious child, and their parents should never, ever have to explain anything to them ("I don't know why that man has cut big holes in his pants so his butt cheeks hang out honey, just ignore him and get into the car.").

It's the reason that there is nothing for adults anymore, it's why nearly every form of entertainment seems to be geared to imbeciles (children are imbeciles, face it), and why even the last sweet bastion of depravity and debasement left in America, Las Vegas, has become as sterile and lifeless as a suburban strip mall.

It's not the children's fault that they are being raised like veal calves. It's the fault of the parents. Like these particular idiots who seem to be afraid of Santa Claus (and probably plastic dry cleaning bags, whooping cough vaccinations and any liquids warmer than room temperature).

Well, I see the URL is foxnews.com, so I don't have to read it to know it's backward, myopic, unnecessarily sensational and somehow xenophobic. Those are my thoughts.

They lost me when they hit this "One would-be Santa has told The Daily Telegraph", clearly the whole article is made up by some so called journo then.

So the whole "ho ho ho" thing is offensive? How about some fat old dude getting kiddies to sit on his lap and promising them treats.... hello!

Exactly, I think some people simply have a pathological need to be offended or outraged about something every minute of their otherwise empty lives.............. :)
No moreso than others feel the need to change our long-held traditions, because they may be offended or outraged.

For instance, no more nativity scenes on church lawns, or even *gasp* your own front yard, because it might - might - offend drivers-by who are atheist, muslim, agnostic, or whatever.
or, no more 'Pledge of Allegiance' in classrooms because it might - might - offend those who don't pledge their allegiance to our flag and/or our country (USA).

OR........ oh I could so go on and on, but I'll quit there..

And darnit, Santa says " HO HO HO!"

I will and always will say Merry Christmas and it will also be posted all over any site that is live when it gets closer to Christmas. I am not religious either but everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.

Christmas was originally a Pagan festival.

It was the Roman Church which hijacked the festival and renamed it Christmas.

Christmas was originally a Pagan festival.

It was the Roman Church which hijacked the festival and renamed it Christmas.

Personally, I don't really much care where it originated from, or who hijacked it, myth or fact.

I only care what it has meant to me all my life and what it means to my family and children, and community. Christmas is about the birth of Christ, first and foremost. Christmas is about giving, sharing. Christmas is about Santa Claus, and Christmas trees, and dreams, and wishes, and hope, and peace, and the lights, and sounds, and smells of winter, and apple pies, and hot cocoa with cinnamon sticks, and carolers singing Christmas hymns. Christmas is about friends, and family, and love.

That is CHRISTmas - to me.
christmas.gif

Top Bottom