Safari push notifications coming to macOS and iOS

I have an install of macOS 13 beta and it already works on there.

But yeah the latest TP seems to add that support for stable OS versions.

Is there any chance that the iOS 16 dev previews showcase anything promising or is it entirely under wraps until next year when it was confirmed for?

The betas have various feature flags for Safari that seem relevant but none of them work at this point.

I suspect we'll be waiting for iOS 16.1 or iOS 16.2 betas before we see any functionality available.

@Chris D I'm on macOS Ventura now and I just got a Safari alert from this forum!!
Gary Lineker Surprise GIF by Walkers Crisps

Yes, I'm also getting this on all my XF forums including this one, but only on macOS, not iOS or iPadOS.

I did see that iOS is still slated for 2023 on their site, and other sites have already pointed it out as well. iOS and iPad will be the big ones as a huge chunk of traffic for my site and I assume others as well is mobile, particularly iOS. We have a few thousand active iOS users according to stats.

I did see that iOS is still slated for 2023 on their site, and other sites have already pointed it out as well. iOS and iPad will be the big ones as a huge chunk of traffic for my site and I assume others as well is mobile, particularly iOS. We have a few thousand active iOS users according to stats.
Small steps first. Let them enjoy push notifications on their desktop first. Then mobile :)

I hear you, I'm on the same train.

Apple has said iOS web push isn't coming until 2023.

iOS xx.2 is always before the end of the year. xx.3 is usually before the end of the year (iOS 15 was an exception where it was in January).

I'd bet money we aren't going to see it in 16.3 either. My random guess is 16.5... iOS xx.5 typically is mid-spring, which would fit within Apple's "sometime in 2023" timeline, but still before Apple's next WWDC.

Top Bottom