s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
@JoshyPHP I love how you continue to update this and support this free resource.

Is there away to send you a donation (perhaps outside of paypal)?
What a thoughtful attention, thanks. :)

I've looked for a service that processes non-recurring donations for open source programmers but I didn't find anything so I made a Paypal button. Or rather, two Paypal buttons for USD and EUR. Does that make sense? I hope it does. :)

Technically everything's possible but you'd end up with the whole article in an iframe. A more industrious person could retrieve an excerpt from the article and use it as some sort of preview perhaps? That would require a server-side language such as PHP, because I don't think Wikipedia has an API to do it on the client. Did you have a specific idea in mind?

What a thoughtful attention, thanks. :)

I've looked for a service that processes non-recurring donations for open source programmers but I didn't find anything so I made a Paypal button. Or rather, two Paypal buttons for USD and EUR. Does that make sense? I hope it does. :)

You should include it at the end of your resource description
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/s9e-media-bbcodes-pack.2476/

Although I would suggest for alternatives

Stripe.com
Dwolla.com
Amazon - payments.amazon.com
Google - wallet.google.com

You should include it at the end of your resource description
Interesting, is putting it at the end a technique to improve its impact? I'll reorder the request/support sections then.

Thanks for the suggestions in payment processors, I'll take a look at them.

I didn't know about that kind of URLs. I'll release an update in a moment. Where did you get that URL from? (e.g. your personal listing, an external website, etc...)

JoshyPHP updated s9e Media BBCodes pack with a new update entry:

Updated eBay and Amazon (⚠ read this if you use either!)

There's a number of changes in this update. First, the version ID has been fixed. Now the admin panel will show the correct version without an extra digit.

If you have an Amazon associate tag, it can now be saved as a proper option. Go to your admin panel, search for "amazon" and set the option named AMAZON_ASSOCIATE_TAG. It will be saved in your database for ever and ever.

There's been a change in the eBay BBCode. A variable has been renamed from "itemid" to "id". That means...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Technically everything's possible but you'd end up with the whole article in an iframe. A more industrious person could retrieve an excerpt from the article and use it as some sort of preview perhaps? That would require a server-side language such as PHP, because I don't think Wikipedia has an API to do it on the client. Did you have a specific idea in mind?
I was indeed really thinking of the whole article that would be elbedded. For me that would be very helpfull.

I couldn't add something like that to this pack because it would turn Wikipedia URLs into huge iframes in the middle of a post. That seems like something that would be better handled as a custom BBCode anyway.

Try creating a custom BBCode as described below, but I recommend you ask in the support forums whether it could pose a security issue to use {text} inside of a URL. And please tag me if you do so I get to read the official answer. From what I can tell, {text} is automatically URL-encoded so it shouldn't be a problem, but I'm not familiar with XenForo's inner workings so I don't know how it really works.
Code:
     BB Code Tag: wiki
HTML Replacement: <iframe src="http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title={text}&amp;printable=yes" width="500" height="500" frameborder="0"></iframe>
   Example Usage: [wiki]Occam's razor[/wiki]

I couldn't add something like that to this pack because it would turn Wikipedia URLs into huge iframes in the middle of a post. That seems like something that would be better handled as a custom BBCode anyway.

Try creating a custom BBCode as described below, but I recommend you ask in the support forums whether it could pose a security issue to use {text} inside of a URL. And please tag me if you do so I get to read the official answer. From what I can tell, {text} is automatically URL-encoded so it shouldn't be a problem, but I'm not familiar with XenForo's inner workings so I don't know how it really works.
Code:
     BB Code Tag: wiki
HTML Replacement: <iframe src="http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title={text}&amp;printable=yes" width="500" height="500" frameborder="0"></iframe>
   Example Usage: [wiki]Occam's razor[/wiki]
I've tried this but it does not work.

It works on my 1.3.2 test board. Please post in the general support to see if somebody can figure out what's wrong. If you tag me in the thread I'll take a look at it later.

The embedded video looks small on your board because its dimensions are not specified. My guess is there's something in your server's configuration that prevents it from retrieving the video's dimension from Gfycat's website. For instance, allow_url_fopen must be "on" in your php.ini for it to work. Go to your Admin CP, there's probably a server error logged. Alternatively, you can set the size of a Gfycat embed manually like so:
Code:
[MEDIA=gfycat]id=CrazyFalseBoto;width=600;height=338[/MEDIA]

About the video controls, Gfycat doesn't include them in their embedded version and we can't turn them back on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom